From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of sandy
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 7:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws cursor

I’ve used jaws for a good while, but relatively new to this list, and would like to know why and when it’s appropriate to use the jaws cursor, and yes, I know how to switch from the PC to the Jaws cursor. win 10, jaws 2019

sandy

so, in every day language, this means the jaws cursor doesn’t pick up all those groups of binary codes that are announced when on webpages, and things like that? please explain the data you mentioned

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws cursor

The JAWS cursor enables you to move around a window or screen without changing any data. Sometimes it picks up information that the Pc cursor doesn’t. However, a number of us find that it has become less and less workable, although it’s always worth trying. Lately, I’m finding the touch cursor provides more information. For the record, you bring up the touch cursor with shift-PC key and exit it with two presses of the PC key.

I’ve used jaws for a good while, but relatively new to this list, and would like to know why and when it’s appropriate to use the jaws cursor, and yes, I know how to switch from the PC to the Jaws cursor. win 10, jaws 2019

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Me too Sandy. I have been using jaws since 2000 approximately, and never understood the way in which I need to switch to the jaws cursor. It used to work somehow for me in earlier windows versions, but seems to be doing nothing in win10.

                                Gree      ti             ngs to all of you from Athens, Greece,

                                Takis

I’ve used jaws for a good while, but relatively new to this list, and would like to know why and when it’s appropriate to use the jaws cursor, and yes, I know how to switch from the PC to the Jaws cursor. win 10, jaws 2019

sandy

glad to know I’m not alone

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 9:18 AM

Me too Sandy. I have been using jaws since 2000 approximately, and never understood the way in which I need to switch to the jaws cursor. It used to work somehow for me in earlier windows versions, but seems to be doing nothing in win10.

                                Gree      ti             ngs to all of you from Athens, Greece,

                                Takis

I’ve used jaws for a good while, but relatively new to this list, and would like to know why and when it’s appropriate to use the jaws cursor, and yes, I know how to switch from the PC to the Jaws cursor. win 10, jaws 2019

Larry Volk

Using the JAWS cursor hasn’t worked well since JAWS 14 and win 7.