From: Mr. Ed
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:54 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws crashes when I click on a link in an email to start IE

Hi All,

Since the last Jaws update along with a Windows update my computer crashes when I click on a link in an email that goes to a website. I am using IE. It does not happen every time. I say it happens maybe once out of 10 times. When I click on the link in the email my computer locks up and the only way to get it unlocked is to hold in the power button and force a restart. I am assuming it might be a Jaws issues as I am running Zoomtech and Jaws together and when my computer crashes Zoomtect start talking and I hear nothing from Jaws. Anyone having this issue?

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

I have tried bringing up the task manager but it will not let me.
Mr. Ed

have you tried the task manager? if you still have speech you could bring it up
with control shift escape.

Since the last Jaws update along with a Windows update my computer crashes when
I click on a link in an email that goes to a website. I am using IE. It does
not happen every time. I say it happens maybe once out of 10 times. When I
click on the link in the email my computer locks up and the only way to get it
unlocked is to hold in the power button and force a restart. I am assuming it
might be a Jaws issues as I am running Zoomtech and Jaws together and when my
computer crashes Zoomtect start talking and I hear nothing from Jaws. Anyone
having this issue?

Mr. Ed

Glenn / Lenny

Have you tried running Microsoft's malware removal tool?
Tap the windows key and type in MRT and press enter.
Glenn

I have tried bringing up the task manager but it will not let me.
Mr. Ed

have you tried the task manager? if you still have speech you could bring it up
with control shift escape.

Since the last Jaws update along with a Windows update my computer crashes when
I click on a link in an email that goes to a website. I am using IE. It does
not happen every time. I say it happens maybe once out of 10 times. When I
click on the link in the email my computer locks up and the only way to get it
unlocked is to hold in the power button and force a restart. I am assuming it
might be a Jaws issues as I am running Zoomtech and Jaws together and when my
computer crashes Zoomtect start talking and I hear nothing from Jaws. Anyone
having this issue?

Mr. Ed

JM Casey

What about Narrator? Will it start? You could use that to access the task manager and kill the JAWS process from there.

I have tried bringing up the task manager but it will not let me.
Mr. Ed

have you tried the task manager? if you still have speech you could bring it up with control shift escape.

Since the last Jaws update along with a Windows update my computer crashes when I click on a link in an email that goes to a website. I am using IE. It does not happen every time. I say it happens maybe once out of 10 times. When I click on the link in the email my computer locks up and the only way to get it unlocked is to hold in the power button and force a restart. I am assuming it might be a Jaws issues as I am running Zoomtech and Jaws together and when my computer crashes Zoomtect start talking and I hear nothing from Jaws. Anyone having this issue?

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Ran the tool and had no issues.

Mr. Ed