From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: May 2, 2019 8:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws autocomplete;

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

david

Friend is using outlook 2016, yes, I know how to get to the enu folder,

just wanted to know if I could use the configNames.ini from 2018 and copy to 2019.

I'm assuming yes? but thought I would ask.

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

Mike B

Hi David,

I would think you could or they wouldn't have the merge settings utility available in the Jaws options context menu.  To be safe save a copy of the J2019 ENU config file before replacing it with the J2018 config file.  That way you can go back if there's an issue.

Friend is using outlook 2016, yes, I know how to get to the enu folder,

just wanted to know if I could use the configNames.ini from 2018 and copy to 2019.

I'm assuming yes? but thought I would ask.

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

JOHN RIEHL

I’d like some mor eclarification on this message and the proposed fix. As I’ve reported on the list, I just bought a computer and am using Outlook-2019 with the latest version of JAWS. The autocomplete feature also does not work properly. If you open a message and type in a complete or partial name, Jaws will read what you’ve typed in but no autocompletes. If you tab once you’ll get the first name that has come up in the list or if you’vd errored cown, you’ll get whichever name you’ve arroed to.

This is clearly a JAWs problem. What is the proposed fix?

Transferring a file form my old computer doesn’tseem like the appropriate fix.

Thanks.

John

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

Adrian Spratt

While in the “To” field, type alt-k. Press the first letter of the name or email address, then arrow down through the results. This works in Outlook 2016 and earlier versions.

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

Cristóbal

The only drawback to this is that if there’s no address book entry, then you won’t find the desired email. A lot of times, you want to send a message to an address you haven’t had to or needed to saved. It’s simply stored in the list of emails you previously sent a message to that you should be able to cycle through with the arrow keys as before.

A lot of these mailing lists for example I don’t’ actually have a saved contact entry for.

If I type Jaws, well, the first entry is probably going to be this Jaws Users list, but Dear God, try that with one that starts with blind…

While in the “To” field, type alt-k. Press the first letter of the name or email address, then arrow down through the results. This works in Outlook 2016 and earlier versions.

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

JOHN RIEHL

This does not work. I only get one entry despite there being multiple entries. I brought up a blank message, pressed alt-K and typed r. The first entry appeared in the edit box; arrowing down did nothing.

This is a JAWS issue.

[...]

hi, well, the autocomplete is now working, I just copied the configNames.ini from the jaws2018 to the jaws2019 enu folder.

[...]

Well, for me, the alt+k does work as long as there’s a contact entry in my address book.

In short, Vispero simply needs to finally get this fixed since it seems that months out, there are many of us who are still dealing with this issue.

[...]

Richard Turner

I have a Windows update today and now when I type a few letters in the to field and arrow down, I get suggestions whether they are in my contacts or just from the list of sent to addresses.

I had not had this work on my home machine with Jaws 2019.

So, maybe between the April Jaws update and whatever the Windows 10 update did, it is sorted out?  Fingers crossed.

Richard