Topics

How to Have JAWS speech at Startup and Shutdown

Stanley Haupt

                Hello Everyone:

This is Stanley Haupt from Lehighton, PA. I have been using JAWS since Window-Eyes was discontinued. I started with JAWS 18, JAWS 2018 and JAWS 2019.

On this list there has been some email discussion about having JAWS speak when starting and turning off your computer. I have the box check to start JAWS at the Log-in screen. The start JAWS box for all users is not checked. The final step is to run JAWS for this user always.

It takes my computer fifteen seconds to start. JAWS says JAWS Professional.

When I do Alt-f4 to shut down JAWS says JAWS for Windows. That message let’s me know that the computer has shutdown properly.

I am the only one in the household who uses the computer.

Don & Cher

Also check ‘the start JAWS box for all users checkbox.

Cher