Topics

How Do I Get JAWS Out of My List of Open Windows?

Evan Reese

Hi,
I know this is a really basic question, but I don’t know the answer so I’m asking here.]
When I alt-tab through my list of open windows, I keep having to go through JAWS Home Use. I’ve tried minimizing that window, but that doesn’t work.
Could someone tell me how I can get JAWS Home Use out of my list of open windows when I alt-tab through them?
Thanks much.
Evan

Glenn / Lenny

I always wished Freedom Scientific would make this option the default, but it's not, but I always find it an annoyance when working on people's computers when they have not set Jaws to run from the system tray.
To fix this, alt + tab to the Jaws window, and do alt O for Options, and enter on basics, and tab to run from system tray, and check it with the space bar.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:15 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] How Do I Get JAWS Out of My List of Open Windows?

Hi,
I know this is a really basic question, but I don’t know the answer so I’m asking here.]
When I alt-tab through my list of open windows, I keep having to go through JAWS Home Use. I’ve tried minimizing that window, but that doesn’t work.
Could someone tell me how I can get JAWS Home Use out of my list of open windows when I alt-tab through them?
Thanks much.
Evan

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Evan,

Run Jaws from the system tray.  To do this try the following:
1. Alt + Tab, to the Jaws window or press, Insert + J.
2. Press, Alt + the letter O, to open options or if you pressed, Insert + J, press the letter, O.
3. Press enter on, Basics.
4. Tab to, Run Jaws from the system tray checkbox unchecked, & press the spacebar to check this box.
5. Tab to, Okay, press enter to save your change & close Jaws options
6. Restart Jaws or your computer for the change to take afect.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:15 AM

Hi,
Thanks much.
Evan

Steve

Put it in the system tray in the Jaws wizard.

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Hi,
Thanks much.
Evan

Bob Hicks

Mike, can’t you just put Jaws in the system tray?

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How Do I Get JAWS Out of My List of Open Windows?

Hi Evan,

2. Press, Alt + the letter O, to open options or if you pressed, Insert + J, press the letter, O.
4. Tab to, Run Jaws from the system tray checkbox unchecked, & press the spacebar to check this box.

Hi,

Thanks much.

Evan

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bob,

If you would have read the email you would have found that it gave the steps to do just that.

Sent: Monday, July 01, 2019 6:51 AM

Mike, can’t you just put Jaws in the system tray?

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi Evan,

Hi,

Thanks much.

Evan