Topics

How do I check a JAWS script version?

Van Lant, Robin

I’m doing some troubleshooting with someone on Cisco software I’m using at work. He’s asking what version of the Cisco scripts I am using.  How do I check this?  The .zip file I originally downloaded doesn’t’ have a version number in the file name.  If I launch the scripts manager from JAWS, I get the following, which I don’t know how to interpret.

use "default.jsb"

use "j4w_default.jsb"  ; 5

void function filler()

; Filler to make some JAWS versions compile this file successfully.

return

endFunction

I’m using JAWS 2019 May release with Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

P.S.  I unzipped the file I had and that executable file name has more numbers it it that I assume indicate version.  But, I still wonder if there is a way I can tell the version from within JAWS, in case I didn’t have the original file.

I’m doing some troubleshooting with someone on Cisco software I’m using at work. He’s asking what version of the Cisco scripts I am using.  How do I check this?  The .zip file I originally downloaded doesn’t’ have a version number in the file name.  If I launch the scripts manager from JAWS, I get the following, which I don’t know how to interpret.

use "default.jsb"

use "j4w_default.jsb"  ; 5

void function filler()

; Filler to make some JAWS versions compile this file successfully.

return

endFunction

I’m using JAWS 2019 May release with Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

usually if you are inside the application, JAWS key plus q tells you what script version you have.
I don't know if this is universal or if it depends on the individual who wrote the scripts.

That is the way it works with scripts I have written by Jim Snowbarger for Sound Forge and Brian Hartgen for numerous script applications.
JohnAt 09:40 AM 7/15/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 | <http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Van Lant, Robin

Thanks, John. That produced a different number than the name on the executable file. I think I'll provide both to the person who asked me which version I am using.

I'm doing some troubleshooting with someone on Cisco software I'm using
at work. He's asking what version of the Cisco scripts I am using. How
do I check this? The .zip file I originally downloaded doesn't' have a
version number in the file name. If I launch the scripts manager from
JAWS, I get the following, which I don't know how to interpret.

use "default.jsb"
use "j4w_default.jsb" ; 5

void function filler()
; Filler to make some JAWS versions compile this file successfully.
return
endFunction

I'm using JAWS 2019 May release with Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management
Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060
| <http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>www.keyequipmentfinance.com

information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information.
If you received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether
electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of
the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse
or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide
the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.