Topics

How can I rename an item in my favorites list

Al Sorrentino

Hi Everyone,

I have JAWS 13, Windows 7 and Word 2010

I have an item in my favorites list that I would like to change the name of, but for some reason, I cannot remember the commands to do so.  I believe it was one of the F keys and something else, but I cannot remember.  I thought I listed in my notes some time ago, but I cannot find it.  I tried several keystrokes, but I was unsuccessful.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Al

alsorrentino@...

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Al,
The way to do it is to use the applications key.
Pretty much anything on your computer can have different things don to them using the applications key, it gives different options according to what you are on.
But I have found rename on my favorites this way.
This is the same as a right mouse click.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2019 10:44 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] How can I rename an item in my favorites list

Hi Everyone,

I have JAWS 13, Windows 7 and Word 2010

I have an item in my favorites list that I would like to change the name of, but for some reason, I cannot remember the commands to do so.  I believe it was one of the F keys and something else, but I cannot remember.  I thought I listed in my notes some time ago, but I cannot find it.  I tried several keystrokes, but I was unsuccessful.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Al

alsorrentino@...

Adrian Spratt

F2 is the key you’re trying to remember. I don’t know for sure that it will work in a favorites, but it works for most file lists. Press F2 with focus on the filename and an edit field should appear. Type the new name and press enter.

I have an item in my favorites list that I would like to change the name of, but for some reason, I cannot remember the commands to do so.  I believe it was one of the F keys and something else, but I cannot remember.  I thought I listed in my notes some time ago, but I cannot find it.  I tried several keystrokes, but I was unsuccessful.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Al

alsorrentino@...

G Eden

F 2, Al.