Topics

help with win 10 audable app.

michaeel's mail

Hi guys i would like to down load my brought audable books to my computer.

I googled how to do it  i down loaded the microsoft audable store app.

Jaws works sort of with the app but it says to go to the library find the book and their is a option to down load the book.

I cannot work it out is their a better way.

Cheers Michael.

Audiobookfan

As you've discovered, the Audible app isn't very accessible, although you might try this first: Go to the Audible website on your computer with your preferred browser and follow the link to your library. The books in your library are arranged in a table, so hitting the letter T will take you to that table. Then, you can navigate through the books in your library by hitting the letter G to jump to the book cover graphic for each book. Click on the download link for the book you want to download and see if it will launch the app and download the book. If so, you don't need to try the next step.

If the above doesn't work, then you need to uninstall the app and go to the Audible website and download the Audible Download Manager. You find this program by choosing the link to download Audible for an older computer. Audible will recognize that your running Windows 10, but there's a link on that page that will take you to a page where you can download the Audible Download Manager. Unless you want to listen to books on your computer, you don't need to download the Audible Manager, only the Audible Download Manager. Once you've installed the Audible Download Manager, you can use the steps above to download books from your library through the Audible website.

Hope this helps.

Jeff