From: andy t
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 7:54 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Help with jaws. This is urgent.

My computer was working well Wednesday night and I shut it down and when I restarted it yesterday all sound was dead.

I was running windows 10-1809 and the jaws latest June update. I have called Microsoft support 6 times already they did all the troubleshooting they could and still no sound but everything showed that it was working except the sound service was dead. Finally they updated my computer to 1903 and then I had sound again but I can’t get jaws to run on it no matter what I do. I can run narrator fine now I have uninstalled jaws and all the programs associated with it and Microsoft even cleaned the registry and we have re installed jaws several times and even tried a jaws repair but jaws comes up and says there are missing files please re install this program. I

Even called freedom scientific support and got no help there. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it.

I have done all I can to fix this and I am still stumped, if anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it very much.

When you did this, did you do the keep files, or remove everything?

I had a similar problem not with JAWS but with installing Office. Microsoft disability desk tried for several hours to get it installed but no go. This happened right after updating to Windows 10 1903. Finally I did a reset of windows and after that all went as it should. I installed Office in a few minutes. I think something happened with the first upgrade to 1903 and the reset fixed it.

[...]

andy t

I am resetting everything now and removing all files I don’t know exactly what Microsoft did but I am in the reset process now and there should be nothing left on it but windows.

[...]

Loy

I kept the files.

[...]

I kept the files the first time and it still did the same thing so now I am getting rid of everything.

[...]

Hello Loy and mike, thank you both for your responses. I had to reset the computer twice but the last time I installed jaws it came up working.

There must have been something in the files causing the problem because the second time I removed everything and that finally did the trick so thank you both very much and you can bet that will be a lesson not soon forgotten.

[...]

Glad you got it working. In my case Microsoft disability desk worked on my computer remotely on three different occasions, a total of over 6 hours. Then  they got a more advance tech person and he is the one who told me to reset the computer and everything worked after that.

[...]

Faraz

Well. keep it mind friends. whenever you uninstall anything from your computer few files of that software are still remain in your computer registry. in order to completely remove the files you need to clean up your registry too. if you are not experience with registry configuration then you must use any software which provides you advance uninstall rather then using windows native uninstaller.

--
With best regards,
Faraz q.