Topics

Google Chrome crashes

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Hi,
So far nobody has been able to duplicate this situation. I'm posting it here to see if anybody has suggestions.
While downloading using Chrome several weeks ago, the application would finish downloading and I could do a say line to hear the current line but nothing else when I moved around.
I had to use task manager to close down Chrome.
It happened with all three screen readers on my desktop, JAWS, NVDA andn Narrator.
I wrote to Google Disability thinking it was Chrome.
then with the next JAWS Private Beta build the problem went away only to reappear about ten days ago.
I wasn't sure if it was indeed a screen reader problem or something in a recent Google update.
this last Thursday with the newest Private build of JAWS, the problem went away again.
the problem is that JAWS and Google updated about the same time so I don't know if its Google, a screen reader conflict or maybe both.
So far Google hasn't been able to come up with a solution or even duplicate it.
And if JAWS, NVDA or Narrator are involved, where would I go from here?
Would the JAWS logs show FS anything?
Has anybody else experienced this?
I especially see it with BARD and other websites from which I download.
I'm using the latest JAWS private build and Windows 10 update as well as Chrome Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I just tried an experiment and went into About for Chrome and got an update this morning.
And with the latest Chrome build which just updated as I wrote this message, I have another Chrome Crash.
When I go into task manager to get rid of Chrome, I also see a message which says:
AdBlock has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension.
Sometimes its another app or extension that has crashed so it is not always the same one.
I can use Chrome Canary and have never seen this crash happen.
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to solve it?

John

John

JAWS Certified, 2014.

JAWS Certified, 2014.

A friend has this problem, I think he's on the list, maybe he will chime in.
Joseph, can you explain what you've tried so far?
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 6:33 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Google Chrome crashes

[...]

Holger Fiallo

Same here. For me is that whenever I open kindle and do a search and  google opens it freezes and it is hard to close. Also there are times that does for no reason. This is why I use most of the times Brave,.

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 6:33 PM

[...]

Judy Jones

I've had instances of Chrome crashing on my PC, but doesn't happen that
often. Either it won't resolve and I'm unable to navigate or all of a
sudden it disappears and I am at my desktop, or wherever I was before I
opened up Chrome.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

[...]

Has anyone having this happen go into Chromes settings and scan for problems?
That is near the bottom, I don't recall if you have to expand advanced to find it, I think you do.
I think Chrome is also checking for malware.
Glenn

[...]

I don't see anything in advanced to scan for problems.

<http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.
<http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Okay, I just took a look.
Expand advanced, then go into clean up computer, and you will find where it says Google can find harmful software.

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 7:57 PM

I don't see anything in advanced to scan for problems.
JohnAt 05:06 PM 8/4/2019, you wrote:
>Has anyone having this happen go into Chromes settings and scan for problems?
>That is near the bottom, I don't recall if you have to expand
>advanced to find it, I think you do.
>I think Chrome is also checking for malware.
>Glenn

Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...>

glenn nothing on this message

Expand advanced, then go into clean up computer, and you will find where it says Google can find harmful software.

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 7:57 PM

I don't see anything in advanced to scan for problems.
JohnAt 05:06 PM 8/4/2019, you wrote:
>Has anyone having this happen go into Chromes settings and scan for problems?
>That is near the bottom, I don't recall if you have to expand
>advanced to find it, I think you do.
>I think Chrome is also checking for malware.
>Glenn

Nothing found!
John

Scientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.
<<http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.Freedom
Scientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.
<http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.

That is good.
I have never found anything on mine, I don't know how this scanner is.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 8:48 PM

Nothing found!
John
At 06:09 PM 8/4/2019, you wrote:
>Okay, I just took a look.
>Expand advanced, then go into clean up computer, and you will find
>where it says Google can find harmful software.

valiant8086

Hi.

I've had Chrome just disappear a time or two in the past few months, but nothing directly related to downloads. If this is only happening when you download something, I wonder if what ever Antimalware utility you use outside of Chrome is causing this when it scans the file as soon as Chrome unlocks it, or perhaps before Chrome unlocks it, and that's stirring up trouble somehow. I wish it wasn't that intermittent. How are you going to know if what changes you make is actually a fix? If you do figure out how to crash it every time, maybe try it once with external Antimalware disabled temporarily to see if it still happens?

I'm running normal non development Chrome and I do have Ad Block Plus installed in it. I also have Chrome Sounds and a couple of other extensions enabled. I guess it might be worth uninstalling or resetting your Chrome and, if you sync your Chrome with your google account, not syncing it again until you've tried to reproduce the problem a bit.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>

On 8/4/2019 7:33 PM, John Gassman wrote:
[...]

I'm using Malware Bites but so is my brother and he's not having these problems.
I think I have Google Accessibility pulling out all of their hair trying to solve this problem.