Topics

Google Chrome 74 is now available

John Gassman

Hi,
Here's Eric's message about the Chrome update.

All,

In the March update of JAWS, there were changes made to prepare for the release of Chrome build 74 and higher. If you have Chrome installed, and go to the about box, you should get that update installed now. Here is what was posted in the release notes and I think a great reason to move to Chrome if you have not already.
Improvements With Selecting and Copying Content in Chrome
After working closely with developers at Google, we are pleased to announce that starting with Chrome version 74.0.3717, an update scheduled for release by April 2019, selecting and copying text using the keyboard will now include the HTML markup as we have done in Internet Explorer for years. The functionality is included for all users of JAWS and Fusion 2019, providing the ability to copy live links, lists of items, and even tables from the Chrome browser and pasting them into Email messages or Documents without losing the formatting.
Regards,
Eric

*** The next JAWS monthly update should be out by the end of April.
John

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Andy

When you launch Google Chrome, it should update to the latest version automatically.

Andy

[...]

Mine didn't, I had to go into about to start the update.
It hangs on checking for updates for a while, but eventually it reads a
percentage.

[...]

Dave...

Yep. Checked, and it's already updated.

Dave

[...]

Vicki W

I also had to go into about to get the update.

Vicki

[...]

LeDon

So, Andy, how do I check and see if my Chrome has actually updated to the
latest version? One additional question, in this version of Chrome we are
supposed to be able to copy things with their HTML attributes from the web
. If we don't want that information, how we get rid of it in items we copy?

[...]

How do you find the about box?

[...]

If you do alt + F and press H or down arrow to help and open help, about is
in that list.

[...]

Thanks Glen, I did as you suggested pressed alt, F and down arrow to help
and opened about, but poor is me, I still don't know how to tell if Chrome
has updated to the latest release. So sorry that I seem to be so infantile
about all of this. But sometimes it seems that I need someone to hold my
hand to get through what others see so easily.

[...]

Hi LeDon,
This is a perfect example of why the Jaws cursor is helpful.
Although insert + B might tell you what you want in the about window, it
will read it all at once.
But if you route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, you can read the
information in the about window, which will also tell you it's checking for
updates and what version you currently are using.

[...]

chris judge

If you are using jaws you can press control insert V while in chrome to get
the version number.

[...]

Just press insert control V. This will give you the version number.

[...]

Kevin

Just arrow down slowly chrome will tell you if it is updating or up to date!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee