Topics

getting rid of row headers such as today, last week earlier in my downloads folder

Larry Volk

2 weeks ago Windows updated the settings which put the headers back in for me. I found that I could no longer find the group setting under my view menu. So I use the right mouse click which brought up the context menu, which I like better, it was cleaner and quicker.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: June 22, 2019 12:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] getting rid of row headerrs such as today, last week earlier in my downloads folder

Hi Cher,

Mine has held since I changed the settings after the 1903 update.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:24 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] getting rid of row headerrs such as today, last week earlier in my downloads folder

Has anyone been able to get this change to hold? Mine (and many others complaining on line are saying the same) keeps reverting to the former group by setting.

Cher

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 1:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi John,

This is because the, Group By, in the View menu needs to be changed.  Try the following:

1. Open your Downloads folder and press, Control + spacebar, to make sure nothing is selected.

2. Press the applications key or Shift + F10 to open the context menu.

3. In the View submenu press enter on, List, or whatever you want from this submenu.

4. Open the context menu again, open the, Sort By submenu, and press enter on, Name, or whatever your choice might be.

5. Open the context menu again, down arrow to the, Group By submenu, and press enter on, None.

That's it, you should be good to go.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:54 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] getting rid of row headerrs such as today, last week earlier in my downloads folder

Hi,
I first started noticing this with the recent windows 10 update.
I think its annoying and I want to get rid of the today, last week,
two minutes and 35 seconds headers.
Actually I added the two minutes 35 seconds header just for the heck of it.
But, in any event, I'd like to get rid of them if I can.

they appear in my downoads folder. I don't know if they are anywhere
else in windows 10.
Does anybody know if getting rid of these headers is possible?
John

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification