Topics

Getting Goldwave to announce peaks in db value instead of percentage

JM Casey

Hi everyone.

I’m posting this to a JAWS list because, although I’m not absolutely certain, I believe that the function I’m asking about is a function of JAWS scripts.

I’m using Goldwave v6.35 and the version of the scripts that’s supposed to work for versions 5 and 6. Not sure of the specific script version number because it doesn’t actually seem to say anywhere?

Anyway, in the control window, you are supposed to be able to read the peak values of your audio as it’s playing or if you stop at a specific point. I am getting a percentage value for both channels. It’s all right, but I would like jAWS to announce the decibel values instead. I thought that pressing “d” was supposed to do this, or at least that’s what I read somewhere, but it’s doing nothing for me. I looked in the keyboard commands list and even in the manula just in case I was missing something, but cannot seem to find a reference. How can I switch this so that it tell me the peak values in decibels instead of as a percentage?

Any help would be appreciated! It’s annoying the heck out of me that I can’t seem to figure this one out.