Topics

Getting a phone number from Outlook contact

Van Lant, Robin

Hi,

Is there a hotkey or quicker way to reach an Outlook contact’s phone number rather than tabbing to it?   I have my contacts in business card view now, which works best for navigation.  I get to the contact I want, then hit enter to open it, but then I have to tab multiple times to reach the phone number I need.  Please tell me there is a faster way.  Using JAWS 2019 and Outlook 2016 in Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

david

try the following;

1, open the contact,

2, for business, alt+#row 5

3, for home, alt+#row 6

Is there a hotkey or quicker way to reach an Outlook contact’s phone number rather than tabbing to it?   I have my contacts in business card view now, which works best for navigation.  I get to the contact I want, then hit enter to open it, but then I have to tab multiple times to reach the phone number I need.  Please tell me there is a faster way.  Using JAWS 2019 and Outlook 2016 in Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

Wow, David, that works well.  Now, if there was just a shortcut for the mobile number.   Are you JAWS savvy enough to know if I could create a hotkey to d this for mobile numbers?