 Original Message
From: Mike B
Hi All,

Running Windows 7 & 10, Jaws 16 thru J2019 and Word 2010.  When in either Word or Notepad, I have 10 lines of text that all say the same except for the
numbers at the beginning are different.  Examples below:

88% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past.

75% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past.

91% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past.

Is there a wildcard symbol that can be used that I can insert in place of the numbers, so when placing the full line of text into the, Find field, then
putting nothing into the, Replace field, and choosing, Replace All, all the lines would be removed including the numbers?  All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much.

From: Brian Vogel
Mike,

 I do not think this works in Notepad, but it absolutely does in MS-Word (and I just tested it using your example).

 You must use Advanced find and replace and you must check the checkbox for "Use Wildcards" after hitting the "More" button in the Find & Replace dialog
to make that checkbox visible.

 Using the following in the find field:       ([0-9]{1,}%)*^13

will find any line starting with one or more numeric digits, followed immediately by a percent sign, followed by any number of characters, followed by
a new line/new paragraph.

If you use nothing (leave blank) the replacement it will remove the lines.
 Brian

Mike's steps:
1. While in Word press, Control + H, to open the Find & Replace dialogue.

2. In the, Find field, copy / paste the string of text below:

([0-9]{1,}%)*^13

And do not put anything into the, Replace field.

 Using the above string of text in the find field will find any line starting with one or more numeric digits, followed immediately by a percent sign, followed by any number of characters, followed by
a new line/new paragraph.

3. With the above string of text pasted into the, Find field, press, Alt + M, to select / open the, Replace with more button.
You can also tab from the Find field to the Replace with More button and activate it with the spacebar.

4. Now press, Alt + U, to check / select the, Use Wildcards, checkbox.
You can tab to this checkbox also, after activating the Replace with More button and it takes several tabs to get there.

5. Now press, Alt + A, to activate the, Replace All, button.  When finished Jaws should report how many replacements there were and now press Escape to
exit the Find & Replace dialogue.

Note:  These steps will only work for the lines of text I give as examples in my email above.