Topics

Filling out a .pdf form

Ann Byrne

I have a .pdf form requiring me to add information. So far, neither JAWS nor NVDA nor Narrator will allow me to type into this form. can it be done?

Matthew Chao

Good question. I've had similar problems filling out forms of this type. Hope there's an answer.--Matthew Chao

On 7/12/2019 9:11 AM, Ann Byrne wrote:
I have a .pdf form requiring me to add information.?? So far, neither JAWS nor NVDA nor Narrator will allow me to type into this form.?? can it be done?

Debby Hill

Hi Ann,

Are you being told that it is actually a fillable PDF? Sometimes people format a form and then save it as PDF. They mean it to be printed and then filled in manually.

However, if it is supposed to be a fillable PDF, you might want to try Out Loud which is the Adobe text to speech reader. I am not at my computer, but I think you can find it under the "view" menu or the "tools" menu. The ⠧⠻⠨⠝ I have used in the distant past sounded awful, but if the file was formatted for its use, it is worth giving a try. Once you get it started, you will want to turn off JAWS because they will talk together which is realaly distracting. Out Loud does not have any braille support.

Good luck!

Debby On Jul 12, 2019 10:04 AM, "Matthew Chao via Groups.Io" <mattchao=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Good question.  I've had similar problems filling out forms of this
type.  Hope there's an answer.--Matthew Chao

On 7/12/2019 9:11 AM, Ann Byrne wrote:
I have a .pdf form requiring me to add information.?? So far, neither
JAWS nor NVDA nor Narrator will allow me to type into this form.?? can it
be done?

Ann Byrne

Vispero says JAWS can't do it because it is not tagged correctly.