Topics

[External] Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

Cook, Steve

The list view in Calendar works better for me using JAWS. 

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

1-888-335-5951                        

www.sccb.state.sc.us

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 2:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [External] Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

I also use the day view and do find that much more usable than the week view.  As I was just playing with it, I think the issue for me is largely the level of verbosity moving from day to day.  It does work better to arrow left and right to move through days, instead of trying to tab through events.  What I like about looking at my schedule on the iPhone is that I can flick quickly through all events, skipping past empty days.  With all the verbosity, I find this much more cumbersome using tab to do this on the laptop with JAWS. If I only wanted to arrow to a new day and then tab through the events for that day, I think it would work better.  Not sure that I’m seeing the erroneous reporting of event counts for a given day, but it’s just too verbose sometimes for me and I wish the day was first before the event count.

Robin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathryn.Frederick@...
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

Hello,

Thanks for your email. I use my Outlook Calendar for work everyday; it’s set to “day view” and I’m using JAWS. I am, however, not experiencing the issues you’re describing. When I open my calendar today, for example, JAWS tells me I have three appointments and two all day events. When I then press tab and shift+tab each appointment or event is read to me by JAWS. I’ll look at my calendar settings, but I don’t recall changing other items for JAWS to work as well as it does for me.

Katie Frederick

Program Administrator

Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities

Desk: (614) 438-1260

Mobile: (614) 980-2769

Email: Kathryn.Frederick@...

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Chernack via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 3:39 PM
To: io JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

Hi all.

Many months ago, I spoke to the Tech Support folks at The Sparrow and then wrote an entry to this list.

A few replies said… thanks, keep us posted.

Okay, consider this email a call to action… grassroots CUSTOMER (that's YOU and me) support/turmoil.

The problem: due to a bug in Jaws Outlook 2016 (and probably other supported versions) does not give correct schedule information in day and month formats.

I am using latest Jaws 2019 and Windows10 products.

I had to update from Outlook 2010 to 2016 for them to talk to me about this issue.

The Sparrow acknowledges the issue and has given it a priority 3.

I have waited 4 to 6 months for a correction. Nothing timely happens on priority 3 problems.

My calendar has become just about worthless.

I hear 8 appointments and there are 2…. I hear 13 appointments for the day and there are 3, I hear 5 appointments and there are 0 appointments.

I have lost my patience.

As they say at Joe's Garage, "the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets greased and repaired!"

Do you have this problem and have been passively sitting around ignoring it?

Stop. Call Tech Support and complain, complain, complain.

I just made that phone call…. had a productive discussion and am now writing this note.

Tell them that the tracking number is -

"The key tracking number in our development database on your multiple appointment issue is:

BZ 106500

Let's get some action.

Let's get Outlook Calendar working correctly.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation..

Onward,

Ken

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Tim,

I have tried to use List view.  I just tried it again. When I do this, I am placed at the top of a list with the most future dated item at the top.  Here at work, holidays are auto loaded on our calendars, so the top entry on my calendar is Christmas Day 2028.  It also doesn’t seem that the Control G command to go to a particular date is working in this view. 

Maybe your calendar is a lot less cluttered than mine, but I’d be interested to hear your experience with using this format.  Are you placed on today’s entries when you open your calendar or are you placed at the top of the list? 

Robin Van Lant

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cook, Steve
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: [External] Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

The list view in Calendar works better for me using JAWS. 

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

1-888-335-5951                        

www.sccb.state.sc.us

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 2:00 PM
Subject: [External] Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

I also use the day view and do find that much more usable than the week view.  As I was just playing with it, I think the issue for me is largely the level of verbosity moving from day to day.  It does work better to arrow left and right to move through days, instead of trying to tab through events.  What I like about looking at my schedule on the iPhone is that I can flick quickly through all events, skipping past empty days.  With all the verbosity, I find this much more cumbersome using tab to do this on the laptop with JAWS. If I only wanted to arrow to a new day and then tab through the events for that day, I think it would work better.  Not sure that I’m seeing the erroneous reporting of event counts for a given day, but it’s just too verbose sometimes for me and I wish the day was first before the event count.

Robin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathryn.Frederick@...
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

Hello,

Thanks for your email. I use my Outlook Calendar for work everyday; it’s set to “day view” and I’m using JAWS. I am, however, not experiencing the issues you’re describing. When I open my calendar today, for example, JAWS tells me I have three appointments and two all day events. When I then press tab and shift+tab each appointment or event is read to me by JAWS. I’ll look at my calendar settings, but I don’t recall changing other items for JAWS to work as well as it does for me.

Katie Frederick

Program Administrator

Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities

Desk: (614) 438-1260

Mobile: (614) 980-2769

Email: Kathryn.Frederick@...

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Chernack via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 3:39 PM
To: io JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Status update: Outlook calendar issue

Hi all.

Many months ago, I spoke to the Tech Support folks at The Sparrow and then wrote an entry to this list.

A few replies said… thanks, keep us posted.

Okay, consider this email a call to action… grassroots CUSTOMER (that's YOU and me) support/turmoil.

The problem: due to a bug in Jaws Outlook 2016 (and probably other supported versions) does not give correct schedule information in day and month formats.

I am using latest Jaws 2019 and Windows10 products.

I had to update from Outlook 2010 to 2016 for them to talk to me about this issue.

The Sparrow acknowledges the issue and has given it a priority 3.

I have waited 4 to 6 months for a correction. Nothing timely happens on priority 3 problems.

My calendar has become just about worthless.

I hear 8 appointments and there are 2…. I hear 13 appointments for the day and there are 3, I hear 5 appointments and there are 0 appointments.

I have lost my patience.

As they say at Joe's Garage, "the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets greased and repaired!"

Do you have this problem and have been passively sitting around ignoring it?

Stop. Call Tech Support and complain, complain, complain.

I just made that phone call…. had a productive discussion and am now writing this note.

Tell them that the tracking number is -

"The key tracking number in our development database on your multiple appointment issue is:

BZ 106500

Let's get some action.

Let's get Outlook Calendar working correctly.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation..

Onward,

Ken

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.