Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:06 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] can't control + right arrow in Outlook 2013

Hi,
A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.
Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.
I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Glenn

Larry Volk

Did she try using the jaws key plus right arrow, that’s what I use mostly?

Larry

I should add that she does not have this problem with NVDA.

She said nothing was added other than Outlook2013, and the guy at the Microsoft disability department installed it for her.

Glenn

Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:06 PM

Hi,

A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.

Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.

I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Glenn

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,
Is there a way to repair office through programs and features? That might fix it. I think someone on another tech list is experiencing this problem. Thanks.

A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.
Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.
I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hi Matthew and All,
I was about to write the list on this, and sounds like you are spot-on.
She worked with someone at FS this morning, who did an Outlook repair and it fixed the problem.
Strange though that the problem was evident in Jaws, but not in NVDA.
Glenn

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi,
Is there a way to repair office through programs and features? That might fix it. I think someone on another tech list is experiencing this problem. Thanks.

A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.
Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.
I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Oops, here's an update, looks like there is still a problem,
My friend writes:

I called Freedom Scientific and they did delete something that ws corrupted in outlook. They only partially fixed the problem but now I can't even proofread my own messages for spelling mistakes or something like that. Now I'm more frustr4ated than ever! I'm ready to give up jaws and go badck to NVDA.

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi,
Is there a way to repair office through programs and features? That might fix it. I think someone on another tech list is experiencing this problem. Thanks.

A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.
Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.
I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Glenn

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,  Sounds like a repair of jaws maybe in order.

Matthew

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi,
Is there a way to repair office through programs and features? That might fix it. I think someone on another tech list is experiencing this problem. Thanks.

A friend has Jaws, Outlook 2013, and Windows 10.
Her eMail has just started not allowing her to use control + right arrow through words in eMail.
I had her try insert + 6 on the number pad and try maximizing the eMail program and the message window, but those ideas did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Wow, you are thinking like me.
I gave her the instructions to do that this morning, after I sent my last message.
I don't know if she has gotten it done yet though.

Glenn

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:55 AM