Topics

Assessing the Health of a Hard Drive

Dave...

I may have a hard drive with failing health. In particular, it's possible that my FAT or MBR is/are corrupted. Is there a JAWS-friendly program out there that will run diagnostics on a hard drive, doing read/write operations and other tasks to arrive at an assessment of the overall health?

Dave
Oregonian, etc. etc.

JM Casey

Hi.

I am pretty sure chkdsk in windows will assess and try to fix the mbr and other records on the drive.

Use the command line switch /f.

There are other utilities that can assess the health of your drive in various ways. I am trying to remember which one the fellow who built my computer used recently, but it seemed usable with JFW.

Definitely try running chkdsk from command line with parameter /f though

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: May 6, 2019 2:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Assessing the Health of a Hard Drive

I may have a hard drive with failing health. In particular, it's possible that my FAT or MBR is/are corrupted. Is there a JAWS-friendly program out there that will run diagnostics on a hard drive, doing read/write operations and other tasks to arrive at an assessment of the overall health?

Dave
Oregonian, etc. etc.

Marek Durila

Hi,
Cristal disk info or HDD sentinell.

Regards,

Marek Durila
Nordic Health Check - Perform Health Check Team Member
IBM Client Innovation Centre Central Europe

Phone: 420-53341-4788 | Mobile: 420-605-031-743
E-mail:
Marek_Durila@...
Technicka 21
Brno, 61600
Czech Republic

"Dave..." ---06.05.2019 20:21:48---I may have a hard drive with failing health. In particular, it's possible that my FAT or MBR is/are

To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 06.05.2019 20:21
Subject: [jaws-users] Assessing the Health of a Hard Drive
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Dave
Oregonian, etc. etc.