From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:15 PM
To: Jaws Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Possible Bug In File Explorer In New Jaws Update

Hello, everyone.

As you know, I just updated to the latest build of Jaws 2019 on this Windows 10 PC.

Most things seem to be working well, and I’m very glad to have the Alt 1 through 6 commands available for reading Outlook 2016 message fields.

However, I might have discovered a bug in File Explorer with the new Jaws update.

When in a folder list view, I used to be able to create a new folder using the alt control N command.  I found this to be quite handy and efficient.

While I can still create a new folder by finding the option in the file explorer menus, it seems like the alt control N command is no longer working.

Can anyone else check for this bug, and let us know if it is being experienced on other Windows 10 computers with the latest Jaws update.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Mr. Ed

Hi Miriam,

Open an email first then try the alt + 1, alt +2 and so on. You have to have a message open before it will work.

Mr. Ed

See? Tom now has alt 1 though 6 in Outlook 2016 with the new update?  He has it, but I don’t.

Miriam

As you know, I just updated to the latest build of Jaws 2019 on this Windows 10 PC.

Most things seem to be working well, and I’m very glad to have the Alt 1 through 6 commands available for reading Outlook 2016 message fields.

However, I might have discovered a bug in File Explorer with the new Jaws update.

When in a folder list view, I used to be able to create a new folder using the alt control N command.  I found this to be quite handy and efficient.

While I can still create a new folder by finding the option in the file explorer menus, it seems like the alt control N command is no longer working.

Can anyone else check for this bug, and let us know if it is being experienced on other Windows 10 computers with the latest Jaws update.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Glenn / Lenny

I think she knows that, sounds like it used to work for her, and now it doesn't.
Glenn

[...]

Miriam Vieni

Mr. Ed

I’ve tried with several open emails. I just tried with this one. Jaws says, “not available”.

[...]

It hasn’t worked for quite some time so I was happy about the latest update because the material said that this problem would be fixed.

Miriam

[...]

Pastor Gil Pries

It works for me here.

I’d try a JAWS repair.

Pastor Gil

[...]

Mike B

Hi All,

Let me preface this by stating that I do not run Outlook.  I do run Outlook Express and in the View menu / Columns... I have a list of fields / headers
that I can choose to have  shown or not as the default for all emails.  For all of you running Outlook and not finding anything when invoking the Alt 1
thru 6 keystrokes, have you checked to see if you have the same sort of settings in your View menu?  Have you checked to make sure your windoww is maximized?
I'm throwing this out there because I haven't read these suggestions, or missed them.

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:45 PM

[...]

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Same with me.

[...]

CJ &AA MAY

The only one which works for me is the sender with alt 3.

Alison

[...]

Larry Volk

Miriam;

If these keys aren’t working for you you can still use shift+tab to move backwards to these fields.

[...]

Thanks. Yes, I know. It’s just a bit less convenient.

[...]

LeDon

Miriam;

You have been getting a lot of suggestions on how to fix this problem. Now I have not been following all of the comments so my suggestion may and probably is just a duplicate of what others have suggested. But have you contacted Jaws about the problem?