Topics

all of a sudden jaws has become an "allow through UAC program"

joanne

This is only when using Jaws 18;19 is fine and works as always. I understand the UAC message comes up when installing or changing something in any program. But Jaws has never presented that "do you want to allow" message simply upon opening it from the desktop. Does anyone know what happened? Should I reinstall or try a repair? I shouldn't have to allow upon opening it every single time, and I wonder if I did something that now brings up UAC?

Joanne

netbat66

try opening a context menu on the jaws desktop icon. click on properties and check advanced. and make sure run as administrator is unchecked.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:55 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] all of a sudden jaws has become an "allow through UAC program"

This is only when using Jaws 18;19 is fine and works as always. I understand the UAC message comes up when installing or changing something in any program. But Jaws has never presented that "do you want to allow" message simply upon opening it from the desktop. Does anyone know what happened? Should I reinstall or try a repair? I shouldn't have to allow upon opening it every single time, and I wonder if I did something that now brings up UAC?

Joanne

Byron Stephens

Sounds like a uac sensetivity issue. The farther you have it up it comes up all the more.

----- Original Message -----
Subject: [jaws-users] all of a sudden jaws has become an "allow through UAC program"

This is only when using Jaws 18;19 is fine and works as always. I understand the UAC message comes up when installing or changing something in any program. But Jaws has never presented that "do you want to allow" message simply upon opening it from the desktop. Does anyone know what happened? Should I reinstall or try a repair? I shouldn't have to allow upon opening it every single time, and I wonder if I did something that now brings up UAC?

Joanne

netbat66

if this was the case i think both versions of jaws would pop up the UAC.
thats why i think the jaws desktop icon properties is set to run as administrator.
then the UAC would pop up every time you load it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] all of a sudden jaws has become an "allow through UAC program"

Sounds like a uac sensetivity issue. The farther you have it up it comes up all the more.

----- Original Message -----

This is only when using Jaws 18;19 is fine and works as always. I understand the UAC message comes up when installing or changing something in any program. But Jaws has never presented that "do you want to allow" message simply upon opening it from the desktop. Does anyone know what happened? Should I reinstall or try a repair? I shouldn't have to allow upon opening it every single time, and I wonder if I did something that now brings up UAC?

Joanne