Topics

adobe acrobat reader dc and jaws 2019

Marvin Hunkin <startrekvoyager@...>

I thought I would try adobe acrobat reader dc, latest version. My adobe acrobat pro English is a few years old, version 5.5., but when I try to load a pdf, and then select that and load, it goes into like a web based or cloud, and jaws just sees it as blank. If I try to do a insert o, d for document, says ocr failed. So not sure why. Why is that, and not reading it that great and do have the google chrome extension. Maybe ray, can help. This is weird.

Anyone had this issue with adobe acrobat reader dc, current free version and got it from the official adobe site.

Marvin.

Rebecca Lineberger

I posted this earlier, but here it is again in case it helps.

Open Adobe, either from the icon on your desktop, or from the start menu.

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

There is a checkbox that says,

Enable protected mode at startup.  If it’s checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck it.

If you get a warning message, that’s okay.  You need to change this to make it work.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Now it works as it should.