Administer Rights Inquiry

JERRY MARTIN

Afternoon all.

Can anyone tell me how to get administrater rights onfirmation on my devices? I am using a Dell laptop
Jerry

“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”
Mark Twain

Steve

Again, as many have said, it would help if you specified your windows version.

You can elevate to Administrative rights from the command prompt; or in Windows 10 use the Windows-X command and look for "run as administrator."

The account is created in Windows 10, but I don't think it is visible in Windows 8, 7, or Vista. If you are troubleshooting something that needs to run as administrator, you can enable it with a simple command.

Warning: The built-in Administrator account has a lot more privileges than a regular administrator account -- you can easily get into trouble if you use it regularly. Only use the administrator account when you need it; then disable it when you are done.

If you’re unsure whether you need it, you probably shouldn’t use it at all.

Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows:

You’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

Steve

Can anyone tell me how to get administrater rights onfirmation on my devices? I am using a Dell laptop
Jerry

“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”
Mark Twain

JERRY MARTIN

Steve:

Sorry about that. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. My reason for asking is that, when I was trying to transfer a Word Document from my external Hard Drive, to a flash drive, it said that I needed to run as administrator. Again, my apologies for dropping pertinent information