Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:57 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019.  I'm playing with the Stascom program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show this program icon in the system tray.  How can I add an icon to the Taskbar properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray?  Doing searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Mike B

Hi Glenn,

That will pin the shortcut icon to the Taskbar itself and I don't have any more room on my Taskbar.  I need to add the icon to the Taskbar properties / Customize...button so it'll show in the system tray when I press, Insert + F11, to access the system tray.

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi Mike,
I think that if you go to the start menu and navigate to Stascom, and tap the applications key on the item that is just the program, it's just Stascom, and you will be able to arrow to "pin to task bar".
And I think that will do it for you.
Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019.  I'm playing with the Stascom program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show this program icon in the system tray.  How can I add an icon to the Taskbar properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray?  Doing searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Mike,
I don't know if pinning it to the taskbar will put it in the system tray, but in the taskbar properties, you can use small icons which may allow you to put more in there.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 12:42 AM

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:15 PM