Topics

Adding Icons to the System Tray

Mike B

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019.  I'm playing with the Stascom program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show this program icon in the system tray.  How can I add an icon to the Taskbar properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray?  Doing searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Mike,
I think that if you go to the start menu and navigate to Stascom, and tap the applications key on the item that is just the program, it's just Stascom, and you will be able to arrow to "pin to task bar".
And I think that will do it for you.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:57 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019.  I'm playing with the Stascom program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show this program icon in the system tray.  How can I add an icon to the Taskbar properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray?  Doing searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Mike B

Hi Glenn,

That will pin the shortcut icon to the Taskbar itself and I don't have any more room on my Taskbar.  I need to add the icon to the Taskbar properties / Customize...button so it'll show in the system tray when I press, Insert + F11, to access the system tray.

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi Mike,
I think that if you go to the start menu and navigate to Stascom, and tap the applications key on the item that is just the program, it's just Stascom, and you will be able to arrow to "pin to task bar".
Glenn
----- Original Message -----

Hi All,

Glenn / Lenny

Mike,
I don't know if pinning it to the taskbar will put it in the system tray, but in the taskbar properties, you can use small icons which may allow you to put more in there.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 12:42 AM

Hi Glenn,

That will pin the shortcut icon to the Taskbar itself and I don't have any more room on my Taskbar.  I need to add the icon to the Taskbar properties / Customize...button so it'll show in the system tray when I press, Insert + F11, to access the system tray.

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

Glenn / Lenny

Mike,
I think that if you tap the start menu and type systemtray
one word, and arrow down to:
Remove icons from notification area (system tray) on the
desktop
and enter on that, you can make room for Stascom, or enable it.
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

David Ferrin

If you find an answer let me know. So far all I have found is that it runs as a service.

Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 12:57 AM
To: Jaws-Users-List

Hi All,

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Andrew

Hi Mike,

using windows seven, I go to start menu. I start typing Remove.. Usually what is one of the choices is  is Remove Icons from Notification system tray of desk top.

Press Enter.  I shift tab back through the choices. I then go to the Icon and hide or unhide icon in system tray.

I tab to OK..

If there's a shorter way to accomplish this..

I would be interested in it..

Andrew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:57 PM

Hi All,

Mike B

Hi Andrew,

First, a faster way to get to the system tray properties to show or hide icons is:
1. Press, Windows key + T, to put you on the taskbar.
2. Press, Alt + enter, to put you in taskbar properties, now tab to, Notification Area customize... and press the spacebar.  You can now tab through all the available icons to choose from these options show, hide or only show notifications.
My problem is there is not a Stascom icon in here to make the show, hide or only show notifications choice from.  This is where I want to add the Stascom icon but as David said, it runs as a service so it most likely can't be added to the system tray properties.

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:25 PM

Hi Mike,

using windows seven, I go to start menu. I start typing Remove.. Usually what is one of the choices is  is Remove Icons from Notification system tray of desk top.

Press Enter.  I shift tab back through the choices. I then go to the Icon and hide or unhide icon in system tray.

I tab to OK..

If there's a shorter way to accomplish this..

I would be interested in it..

Andrew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:57 PM

Hi All,

inam din

Dear friends, I’m very sorry to let you know that I do not find this program into my system tray.

I’m using windows 10 version 18.09 build OS17763.437.

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

arguing with a woman is just like reading software’s lisence agreement.

At the end you ignore Her everything  and click I agree button.

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 10:59:07 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

Glenn / Lenny

And what program would that be?

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:17 PM

Dear friends, I’m very sorry to let you know that I do not find this program into my system tray.

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

Follow me on my twitter:

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...>

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

Mike B

Hi Inamuddin,

Since you didn't state what program, below are steps on how to make program icons show in the system tray:
1. Windows key + I, for Settings.
2. Tab 1 time to System, now right arrow to, Personalization and press enter.
3. Navigate to, Taskbar, press enter.
4. Tab several times to,Select which icons appear on the Taskbar link, and press enter.
5. Tab through these icons, and press the spacebar onn the icons you want to show in the system tray.  Jaws should report on or off when you press the spacebar.  The icons you turn on are the ones that will show.

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:17 PM

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

Follow me on my twitter:

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

Rick Justice

Hi Glenn,
He was making reference to Mike's original post concerning Stascom.

HTH,
Rick Justice

"Tomorrow's another day, another way!"
"and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!"

To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:29 PM

And what program would that be?

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:17 PM

Dear friends, I’m very sorry to let you know that I do not find this program
into my system tray.

Charlsdarwin1

At the end you ignore Her everything and click I agree button.

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

Follow me on my twitter:

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of
Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...>

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

That will pin the shortcut icon to the Taskbar itself and I don't have any
more room on my Taskbar. I need to add the icon to the Taskbar properties /
Customize...button so it'll show in the system tray when I press, Insert +
F11, to access the system tray.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.

Hi Mike,
I think that if you go to the start menu and navigate to Stascom, and tap
the applications key on the item that is just the program, it's just
Stascom, and you will be able to arrow to "pin to task bar".
Glenn

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019. I'm playing with the Stascom
program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my
system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show
this program icon in the system tray. How can I add an icon to the Taskbar
properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray? Doing
searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes. All help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

everybody.

Rick Justice

Bro,
He was referring to your post on putting an icon in the system tray for
Stascom.

HTH,
Rick Justice

Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:02 AM

Hi Inamuddin,

Since you didn't state what program, below are steps on how to make program
icons show in the system tray:
2. Tab 1 time to System, now right arrow to, Personalization and press
enter.
4. Tab several times to,Select which icons appear on the Taskbar link, and
press enter.
5. Tab through these icons, and press the spacebar onn the icons you want to
show in the system tray. Jaws should report on or off when you press the
spacebar. The icons you turn on are the ones that will show.

everybody.

into my system tray.

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

Follow me on my twitter:

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

everybody.

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

everybody.

Glenn / Lenny

My original post was a request for a better post from the one asking for
information.
I suspected what he was referring to, but it was poorly written for
assistance.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:05 AM

Bro,
He was referring to your post on putting an icon in the system tray for
Stascom.

HTH,
Rick Justice

Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:02 AM

Hi Inamuddin,

Since you didn't state what program, below are steps on how to make program
icons show in the system tray:
2. Tab 1 time to System, now right arrow to, Personalization and press
enter.
4. Tab several times to,Select which icons appear on the Taskbar link, and
press enter.
5. Tab through these icons, and press the spacebar onn the icons you want to
show in the system tray. Jaws should report on or off when you press the
spacebar. The icons you turn on are the ones that will show.

everybody.

into my system tray.

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

Follow me on my twitter:

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

Mike,
desktop
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

everybody.

Hi Mike,
Glenn

Hi All,

everybody.