Topics

adding a website to the wittlist

Kimsan

Hi,

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

Yo Bro,

Which Ad Blocking program?  Can't try to help if we don't know what we're working with!  LOL

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan

Ad block plus.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Which Ad Blocking program?  Can't try to help if we don't know what we're working with!  LOL

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

With what browser?  It works differently in IE11 than in Firefox....

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Ad block plus.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Which Ad Blocking program?  Can't try to help if we don't know what we're working with!  LOL

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

I thingk you use Chrome, so I installed AdBlockPlus for Chrome, but haven't been able to figure it out as of yet.  Below are some notes I found doing a search and a link that might help more.  If you getter figured out please let the list know how you did it.

Featured snippet from the web
You can also manually set AdBlock to run in whitelist mode:
1. Click the AdBlock button and select Options.
2. On the CUSTOMIZE tab under "Stop blocking ads," click Show ads everywhere except for these domains. ...
3. Type the domain(s) where you don't want to see ads. ...
4. Click OK.

https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000055743-how-do-i-tell-adblock-not-to-block-ads-pause-whitelist-disable-and-other-options-
Disable AdBlock on the current page (whitelist or exclude a web page)

To always allow ads to show on the page you're currently viewing, click the AdBlock button and select Don't run on this page. This creates a whitelist
rule in AdBlock.

Tip: Whitelist rules are also known as exception rules—or sometimes exclusion rules—because they tell ad blockers to make an exception for or exclude whatever
the rule refers to.

AdBlock will not block ads on the current page but will still block them everywhere else, including on other pages on the same site.

To start blocking ads on that page again:

• Click the AdBlock button and select Enable AdBlock on this page.

If you don't see that on the AdBlock menu and you're certain you're viewing the page you originally whitelisted, try removing the exception rule manually:

1. Click the AdBlock button and select Options.
2. On the CUSTOMIZE tab next to "Manually edit your filters," click Edit.
3. Delete any line containing the name of the website.
4. Click Save.

Disable AdBlock on the current site (whitelist or exclude a website)

To always allow ads to show on the site you're currently visiting, click the AdBlock button, select Don't run on pages on this site (Chrome) or Don't run
on pages on this domain (other browsers) and click Exclude.

AdBlock will not block ads on any page in any tab on the current site, but will still block them on other sites.

To start blocking ads on that site again:

• Click the AdBlock button and select Enable AdBlock on this page.

If you don't see that on the AdBlock menu, try removing the exception rule manually:

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Ad block plus.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Which Ad Blocking program?  Can't try to help if we don't know what we're working with!  LOL

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan

IE, sorry for all the lack of details.

Yes, I use chrome, but I should’ve mentioned I would like to do this for IE which I visit sites from there since chrome is terrible there.

I just remembered how to do it via IE as I am typing this so let me go getter done.

The google chrome suggestion, I’ll try at a later date.

Thanks bro!

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

With what browser?  It works differently in IE11 than in Firefox....

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Ad block plus.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Which Ad Blocking program?  Can't try to help if we don't know what we're working with!  LOL

I have an adblocker installed. Not sure the name but it’s one that was recommended here.

How do I add the website to the wittlist.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B

Okay, here you go:
File path:
C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
firstRun.html
These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the default settings.

index.html
Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to show, or to allow websites.

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Ad block plus.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song