Topics

Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke

Mike B

Hi All,

Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in, the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25.  Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
/ HTML / PDFs. 

The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our software that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS. This
information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily by review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by JAWS
scripts. As Windows 10 increasingly uses different methods of displaying information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor technology we developed in order to help overcome the missing information
previously obtained from the Accessibility Driver.
This check box is selected by default.

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the older versions.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
2. Press the letter, D, until Jaws reports, Default.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt, Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default.  Tab to, Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done.  Now check the keystroke to make sure it works.  You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

netbat66

well, this option is not in my keyboard manager either, for windows 10 but it is for windows 7.
i am not makeing any changes in windows 7.
are these options only for the pro version? i have the home version.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 3:31 PM
To: Jaws-Users-List
Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in, the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25. Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
/ HTML / PDFs.

The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our software that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS. This
information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily by review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by JAWS
scripts. As Windows 10 increasingly uses different methods of displaying information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor technology we developed in order to help overcome the missing information

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the older versions.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter. The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt, Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default. Tab to, Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done. Now check the keystroke to make sure it works. You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!

Larry Volk

Hi Mike;

I looked in jaws 2018 and I couldn’t find this toggle but I was able to find it in 2019.

It would be good if you can give an example of what turning this feature on/off would do.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: July 3, 2019 4:31 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in, the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25.  Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
/ HTML / PDFs. 

To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:

1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.

4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.

5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt, Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.

6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default.  Tab to, Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done.  Now check the keystroke to make sure it works.  You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.

david

Hello;

in jaws 2018, you'll find this setting,

jaws settings center,

miscellaneous,

note, when you get into the jaws settings center, you'll need to ctrl+shift+dc =default,

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke

Hi Mike;

I looked in jaws 2018 and I couldn’t find this toggle but I was able to find it in 2019.

It would be good if you can give an example of what turning this feature on/off would do.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs. 

David Ferrin

Easy enough to do, just got to figure out the benefit of doing it.

Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:31 PM

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs.

To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt, Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Mike B

Hi Net bat,

I don't know what to tell you other than maybe calling tech support to see if they can figure out why this feature wasn't installed with your J2018 or J2019 on your Windows 10 computer.  I have it  in both J2018 and J2019 on both my Windows 7 & 10 computers.  I'm running Jaws Home versions and my operating systems on both computers is Pro.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke

well, this option is not in my keyboard manager either, for windows 10 but it
is for windows 7.
i am not makeing any changes in windows 7.
are these options only for the pro version? i have the home version.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 3:31 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A
Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility Driver
For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in,
the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25.  Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
/ HTML / PDFs.

The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our software
that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS. This
information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily by
review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by JAWS
scripts. As Windows 10 increasingly uses different methods of displaying
information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor
technology we developed in order to help overcome the missing information

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a Jaws
version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the older
versions.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture,
setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard
Manager and press enter.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen
Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so
press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is,
Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to
toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt,
Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and
don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop
keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default.  Tab to, Okay
and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you
want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done.
Now check the keystroke to make sure it works.  You should hear, Using
Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your
keystroke.

Mike B

Hi Larry,

I can't give you any examples because I'm not running any newer versions of programs that I can turn this feature on or off with to get better reading results.  I've tried this feature with my currently installed programs on my Windows 10 computer and either turned on or off didn't matter either way, but I posted the steps for those that might be able to benefit from having a toggle keystroke to turn this on / off on the fly.  Below is a thread that might give mor insight of this feature.

Original Message
Hello dear listers. For a long time i use a program in order to trader in a exchange platform. The programm run under windows 7 who was the operating system
using the jaws 15 version. Before few days ago i upgrade to windows 10 32 bit using the jaws 2019 version. How ever when i load the same program in the
new operating system the jaws does not read any content in the screen using the jaws cursor. I am able to read only the top and the bottom of the window.
Any recomentation for a solution is wellcome and thanks for any assistance.
regards,
--Kostas--

Sieghard Weitzel
As much as  you may not like this answer, there may not be a good solution for this.
The Jaws cursor under Windows 10 has not nearly as much access to information as it did under Windows 7 simply because of how Microsoft allows screenreaders
to get access to what is on the screen. I use a couple of applications at my store for accounting and my point of sale where I have similar issues.
Vispero is working on this and you could try and see what happens if you turn off the accessibility display driver which is what Jaws has been using for
a long time to get information. Do the following and then open your program and see if it helped:

1. Open Jaws Settings Center with Jaws Key + 6 on the number row
2. Make sure you have the default settings loaded by pressing Control + Shift + D
3. Type "acc" (the first 3 letters of accessibility) in the search box, then tab once and you should have the following two results:
Speak Access Keys Within Web Pages checked, ReadingUse Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture checked, Miscellaneous
not checked
4. Press the spacebar on the second option, Use Accessibility Display Driver" to clear the checkbox
5. Tab twice to OK and activate it.
6. Make sure you remember or keep these steps because you may find that some applications work better with the old accessibility display driver checked
and some may work better when it is unchecked.
And there is a bit of good news, Vispero is working on restoring more of the old Jaws cursor functionality with the new so-called GDI hooking method which
is basically what Jaws uses to get information when the accessibility display driver is unchecked.
Lastly, you may want to try the touch cursor with your program and see if you get anything with that, you can activate it by pressing Shift + PC Cursor
(Numpad +), press the PC cursor twice quickly to deactivate the touch cursor again. You can read more about it here:
Jaws Help > Help topics > Using Jaws > About cursors > Using the Touch cursor

Regards,
Sieghard

Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:21 PM

Hi Mike;

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs. 

Mike B

Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 5:04 PM

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs.

4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt, Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

Hello a demo jaws user. The Lady said the Captcher software for
NVDA/Jaws users too saulve a Captcha with NVDA/Jaws where can I get it
or orader It for free tell me more. Please saveing me Money&atrip to
the Computer

On 7/3/19, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To
Create A Toggle Keystroke

Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create

A Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility
Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in,

the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25. Not the Miscellaneous folder in,
Web
/ HTML / PDFs.

that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS.
This

information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many
cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a
Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the
older versions.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen
Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to
Keyboard Manager and press enter.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle
Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so

press enter. The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is,
Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign
to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt,

Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and

keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default. Tab to,
Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure
that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and
you're done. Now check the keystroke to make sure it works. You should
hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when

invoking your keystroke.

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have

preferred.

--
for if you persaveer. you will konker never feer. try try try again

Mike B

This is not about solving captchas.  This is about a particular feature that was introduced in J2018 that I'm not knowledgeable enough to elaborate on.  But, this is my observation as well as many others, reading with the Jaws cursor in Windows 10 doesn't work worth a crap!  LOL  LOL  This feature is supposed to help in certain instances.

Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 6:22 PM

the Computer

> Howdy Boss,
>
> See my reply to Larry.
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
> If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: David Ferrin
> To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
> Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 5:04 PM
> Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To
> Create A Toggle Keystroke
>
>
> Easy enough to do, just got to figure out the benefit of doing it.
>
> From: Mike B
> Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:31 PM
> To: Jaws-Users-List
> Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create
>
> A Toggle Keystroke
>
> Hi All,
>
> Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility
> Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.
>
> This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in,
>
> the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25.  Not the Miscellaneous folder in,
> Web
> / HTML / PDFs.
>
> The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our software
>
> that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS.
> This
> information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily by
>
> review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by JAWS
> scripts. As Windows 10 increasingly uses different methods of displaying
> information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many
> cases.
> Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor
>
> technology we developed in order to help overcome the missing information
> previously obtained from the Accessibility Driver.
> This check box is selected by default.
>
>
>
> This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a
> Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the
> older versions.
> To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen
> Capture, setting on and off try the following:
> 1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to
> Keyboard Manager and press enter.
> 2. Press the letter, D, until Jaws reports, Default.
> 3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle
> Screen Capture Method none, entry.
> 4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so
>
> press enter.  The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is,
> Control + A,.
> 5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign
> to toggle this feature on and off.  Only type the keystroke, example:  Alt,
>
> Control + K.  Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and
>
> don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
> 6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop
> keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default.  Tab to,
> Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure
> that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and
> you're done.  Now check the keystroke to make sure it works.  You should
> hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when
>
> invoking your keystroke.
>
>
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
> If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!
>
> David Ferrin
> Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have
>
> preferred.
>
>
>
>
>

--

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

sorry. I woes confused but is there some thing out 2salveSaulv
captchas Softwhere
sorry about that

This is not about solving captchas. This is about a particular feature that

was introduced in J2018 that I'm not knowledgeable enough to elaborate on.
But, this is my observation as well as many others, reading with the Jaws
cursor in Windows 10 doesn't work worth a crap! LOL LOL This feature is
supposed to help in certain instances.

the Computer

Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To
Create

A Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications
in,

Web
/ HTML / PDFs.

The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our
software

This
information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily
by

review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by
JAWS
cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility
Monitor

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running
a
older versions.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke...,

so

Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to
assign
to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example:
Alt,

Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K,
and

that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes,
and
hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off,
when

invoking your keystroke.

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would
have

preferred.

--

--

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

FS is working on consolidateing the cursors and improving the usability of them.
I don't know when we'll see results but it is high on their list of changes to make in upcoming versions of JAWS.
JohnAt 06:32 PM 7/3/2019, you wrote:

This is not about solving captchas. This is about a particular feature that was introduced in J2018 that I'm not knowledgeable enough to elaborate on. But, this is my observation as well as many others, reading with the Jaws cursor in Windows 10 doesn't work worth a crap! LOL LOL This feature is supposed to help in certain instances.

From: <mailto:ochikodinaka@...>mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io

the Computer

On 7/3/19, Mike B <<mailto:mb69mach1@...>mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io

Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver
For Screen Capture, How To Create

A Toggle Keystroke

Hi All,

This can only be changed in the Settings
Center Default All Applications in,

Web
/ HTML / PDFs.

This

cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to
use new API Accessibility Monitor

This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a
older versions.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu,
you are on, Add Keystroke..., so

Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign
to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt,

Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and

that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and
hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using
Accessibility Driver Off, when

invoking your keystroke.

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what
kind of man your wife would have

preferred.

--

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

David Ferrin

10 4, I figured it is something that pops up on a case by case basis. Like I said, easy enough to do.

Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:05 PM

Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs.

David Ferrin

David Ferrin

Justin Williams

is this just something in windows we are using?

I'm planning to do it, but I'd just like to know where this is coming from??

Regards,

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:52 AM

10 4, I figured it is something that pops up on a case by case basis. Like I said, easy enough to do.

Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs.

David Ferrin

David Ferrin

Larry Volk

Hi Dave;

Yes the on/off feature for the accessibility feature is under the miscellaneous in 2018 but I couldn’t find the toggle to set up the hot key in 2018 only in 2019.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: July 3, 2019 5:43 PM

Hello;

jaws settings center,

miscellaneous,

note, when you get into the jaws settings center, you'll need to ctrl+shift+dc =default,

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk

Hi Mike;

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs. 

Mike B

Hi Larry,

Although J2018 has the use accessibility driver For screen capture feature, in Settings Center / default all applications, and I didn't notice this until you mentioned it, as you stated it does not have the keystroke assignment in the default keyboard manager.  This is with both my Windows 7 & 10 computers.

Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 7:54 AM

Hi Dave;

Yes the on/off feature for the accessibility feature is under the miscellaneous in 2018 but I couldn’t find the toggle to set up the hot key in 2018 only in 2019.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: July 3, 2019 5:43 PM

Hello;

jaws settings center,

miscellaneous,

Hi Mike;

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs. 

Mike B

Hi Justin,

It is a feature of Jaws to help deal with the way the cursors read / interact with the newer Microsoft computer coding.

Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 6:47 AM

is this just something in windows we are using?

I'm planning to do it, but I'd just like to know where this is coming from??

Regards,

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Howdy Boss,

See my reply to Larry.

Hi All,

/ HTML / PDFs.

David Ferrin

David Ferrin