Topics

locked about Jaws and freedom scientific

Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...>

about  Jaws and  freedom scientific,    Hi list, wait to you hear this one,
Well another friend had this come up after he added or went in to the jaws settings center,
 he added some key strokes for the window eyes keyboard another words, you can add a windows strokes like in windoweyes in windoweyes you can add the hole keyboard or I think 1 keystroke at a time, and also there is in the tab you tab once and you can delete the key board, or the keystroke, unlike windoweyes, there is no delete key in the settings center or after tabbing around in there, when you add it there should be one and he worked on the computer for hours and hours.
So he finally called Freedom scientific he doesn't call that much, the customer person who he talked to was rude and flipid and was nasty, my point is that he told me, that she didn't want to tell him how to delete the keystroke, in case he needed to, he finely convinced her after arguing with her back and forth, and also after reinstalling windows10, with her snotty attitude, she said, well this is for very advanced users, and he had to tell her that he had been using computers for a very long time, here is what she said.
Well sir it is in the user settings jaws and then in the enu, this shows you how stupid and pigheaded freedom scientific is , and this is why there is always trouble with Jaws, and freedom scientific, once again is now in bankrupsey, I hope they go out of business, and a better company takes over, and redoes jaws, so it won't mess around with windows, Microsoft, should have never let freedom scientific, get under the hood, they should have done the same thing that apple did, keep a closed system, folks, if NVDA can do it why can't freedom scientific do the same thing, this is not a very good and reliable company, your thoughts please from Joseph. 

David Moore

yes, and when you listen to the fs casts they make it sound like Jaws is the only thing that keeps blind people working. They had someone on the last podcast bragging about how they can work for Disney all because of Jaws Larry gassman said that many more people would be unemployed if it was not for Jaws freedom scientific is lying to people and they make it sound like they are the only reason why any blind people have a job.
David Moore come on oh my God where's my job what the heck

This is why I use nvda and system access all the way.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] about Jaws and freedom scientific

yes, and when you listen to the fs casts they make it sound like Jaws is the only thing that keeps blind people working. They had someone on the last podcast bragging about how they can work for Disney all because of Jaws Larry gassman said that many more people would be unemployed if it was not for Jaws freedom scientific is lying to people and they make it sound like they are the only reason why any blind people have a job.

Glenn / Lenny

That might have been true at one time, like twenty years ago.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:51 PM

grate David, can you or someone help with getting my homepage in google chrome, so it will startup like in IE and firefox, don't want to go to the search engine, unless I do thanks a lot David from Joe, my friend will be happy to hear this about freedom scientific, i'm using windows7   

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:51 PM

Holger Fiallo

I like jaws and I do appreciate the product but since Jonathon left is not great show. I know that they suppose to do things different but to many interviews about people who I do not care and want to know. They need to keep focus more on talking about jaws and not about others. Just saying before the owner starts getting upset about this discussion.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:52 PM

David Moore

Sure thing! Just go to the settings webpage and down arrow to three buttons. The third button says select page or pages. Press enter on that, and arrow down to the edit box, and just type in the Google web address. That is all I did to get Google to be my homepage, and start page. I really like Google to be my start page and home page as well. I like Google a lot, and don't use the search engine either. I hope that works, David Moore

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 8:06 PM Joseph Machise <josephmachise@... wrote:
grate David, can you or someone help with getting my homepage in google chrome, so it will startup like in IE and firefox, don't want to go to the search engine, unless I do thanks a lot David from Joe, my friend will be happy to hear this about freedom scientific, i'm using windows7   

thanks David, well I did that, and chrome came up with add a new page button, so I did that, would some day like to add my coast page also, my weather page is my home page, also where can I add my coast page, do I tab to the other buttons that says add a specific page from Joseph.   

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:23 PM

Sure thing! Just go to the settings webpage and down arrow to three buttons. The third button says select page or pages. Press enter on that, and arrow down to the edit box, and just type in the Google web address. That is all I did to get Google to be my homepage, and start page. I really like Google to be my start page and home page as well. I like Google a lot, and don't use the search engine either. I hope that works, David Moore

David Moore

Hi you are exactly right just enter on what you said and you can add as many websites as you want. I am glad it is starting to work better for you. Go chrome! You will love it once you get used to it! David Moore

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 8:31 PM Joseph Machise <josephmachise@... wrote:
thanks David, well I did that, and chrome came up with add a new page button, so I did that, would some day like to add my coast page also, my weather page is my home page, also where can I add my coast page, do I tab to the other buttons that says add a specific page from Joseph.   

I love chrome.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:35 PM

Hi you are exactly right just enter on what you said and you can add as many websites as you want. I am glad it is starting to work better for you. Go chrome! You will love it once you get used to it! David Moore

Andy

Well, actually, JAWS kept me working on my last job because my employer would only pay for JAWS and would only allow me to use JAWS as a screen reader.

Andy

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:52 PM

well david how can I go from another page to another page, maybe some time we can do a tandum,

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:34 PM

Kevin

After awhile of launching and exiting chrome during the day, I have a problem that chrome no longer opens my homepage but opens a new tab and I have it set to open with my homepage.  I hope google fixes that!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:23 PM

Glenn / Lenny

That was probably because of a sales pitch, either from the rehab agency, or from someone at FS.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:43 PM

Well, actually, JAWS kept me working on my last job because my employer would only pay for JAWS and would only allow me to use JAWS as a screen reader.

Andy

Glenn / Lenny

Joe,
I believe that if you put other pages in there, you can control + tab through them.
Otherwise, you can go to the address bar and arrow down.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:46 PM

well david how can I go from another page to another page, maybe some time we can do a tandum,

tried that no luck

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:57 PM

Joe,
I believe that if you put other pages in there, you can control + tab through them.
Otherwise, you can go to the address bar and arrow down.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:46 PM

well david you spoke to soon, sometimes it chrome opens with my weather page and sometimes not, tried to put the coast page, can't control to the pages

Holger Fiallo

My last thought about this if more companies use apple, I wonder how many of us will use jaws. I do use jaws and like it but like I stated.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:56 PM

That was probably because of a sales pitch, either from the rehab agency, or from someone at FS.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:43 PM

Andy

Richard Turner

With all do respect, could the Chrome discussion be started under a different thread?

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)
www.turner42.com

On Aug 8, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...> wrote:

Mr. Ed

Hi Joseph,

You said in your email below that Freedom Scientific has filed for bankruptcy.  I have never heard this but was wondering if you have an article on it or where you got your information from. I am not saying it not true or false, I am just wanting to read it for myself.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Machise
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:36 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] about Jaws and freedom scientific

about  Jaws and  freedom scientific,    Hi list, wait to you hear this one,

Well another friend had this come up after he added or went in to the jaws settings center,

he added some key strokes for the window eyes keyboard another words, you can add a windows strokes like in windoweyes in windoweyes you can add the hole keyboard or I think 1 keystroke at a time, and also there is in the tab you tab once and you can delete the key board, or the keystroke, unlike windoweyes, there is no delete key in the settings center or after tabbing around in there, when you add it there should be one and he worked on the computer for hours and hours.

So he finally called Freedom scientific he doesn't call that much, the customer person who he talked to was rude and flipid and was nasty, my point is that he told me, that she didn't want to tell him how to delete the keystroke, in case he needed to, he finely convinced her after arguing with her back and forth, and also after reinstalling windows10, with her snotty attitude, she said, well this is for very advanced users, and he had to tell her that he had been using computers for a very long time, here is what she said.

Well sir it is in the user settings jaws and then in the enu, this shows you how stupid and pigheaded freedom scientific is , and this is why there is always trouble with Jaws, and freedom scientific, once again is now in bankrupsey, I hope they go out of business, and a better company takes over, and redoes jaws, so it won't mess around with windows, Microsoft, should have never let freedom scientific, get under the hood, they should have done the same thing that apple did, keep a closed system, folks, if NVDA can do it why can't freedom scientific do the same thing, this is not a very good and reliable company, your thoughts please from Joseph.