Topics

new Nuance vocalizer voices version

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

Hi,

Can freedom Scientific please update Jaws’s Nuance Vocalizer support to use the newest Vocalizer version, so people can take advantage of new Languages such as Vietnamese? The CodeFactory vocalizer has these new voices and they work very well. The sapi5 vocalizer from CodeFactory also works good with jaws in the meantime, until Jaws is updated to use the latest version of the Vocalizer voices.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Ferrin

Contact them directly and ask.

Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:13 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] new Nuance vocalizer voices version

Hi,

Can freedom Scientific please update Jaws’s Nuance Vocalizer support to use the newest Vocalizer version, so people can take advantage of new Languages such as Vietnamese? The CodeFactory vocalizer has these new voices and they work very well. The sapi5 vocalizer from CodeFactory also works good with jaws in the meantime, until Jaws is updated to use the latest version of the Vocalizer voices.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 01:13 PM 7/24/2019, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Can freedom Scientific please update Jaws’s Nuance Vocalizer support
to use the newest Vocalizer version, so people can take advantage of
new Languages such as Vietnamese? The CodeFactory vocalizer has these
new voices and they work very well. The sapi5 vocalizer from
CodeFactory also works good with jaws in the meantime, until Jaws is
updated to use the latest version of the Vocalizer voices.
This is of course tantalizing. Which other languages are included in the latest Vocalizer? Are there New voices in any of the current languages?

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@...

yes, there a number of new voices, such as the Evan voice for US English, and more. In all there are around 145 voices with several new languages. Why not go to www.atguys.com  go to the screen reader voices link, then sapi5 vocalizer link, then get a 7 day trial. The sapi5 codeFactory vocalizer will work fine with jaws and then you can try the new voices, such as Evan for U.S. English. And the codeFactory vocalizer packages let you choose the voice quality, as in, do you want a great-sounding voice that is nearly 300mb? or do you want a much smaller compact voice which may only be 50mb but the quality is not as good. the voice manager codeFactory provides lets you manage which voices are installed and which ones are not with easy install/uninstall buttons, like how jaws lets you easily choose which vocalizer voices you want. I cannot wait until next Friday because I am spending the $115 on sapi5 vocalizer and another $69 on the eloquence/vocalizer combo-pack for NVDA. I run Jaws and NVDA on a cheap $110 United States dollars RCA cambio tablet with 2gigs ram, intel atom z8350 processor and windows 10 home 32bit and it has a physical keyboard dock and the tablet has a touch screen. It works great with Jaws, though sometimes a bit slow here and there. But at the time I did not have much money and needed a computer so figured I would try the RCA cambio with jaws just to see how it goes and it works quite well. I mostly use it docked to the keyboard with jaws. And due to the cheapness of the keyboard some key combinations with jaws do not work out of the box so you have to go into keyboard manager and change a few key combinations for laptop mode. I changed the jaws window key to capslock alt j, and made some other changes. Once I have the money saved up though I'll be getting an asus tough gaming laptop with AMD ryzen r5, 8gigs ram and at least 256gb solid state drive. I bet that'll run Jaws really really fast! also the vocalizer voices, even the highest quality ones work fine on the RCA Cambio tablet/hybrid laptop that I got. 

Josh

Holger Fiallo

Hope someone who participates in the discussion call about jaws question ask about this. It will be nice to have more voices. Most of us can not affordthem and if jaws get them will be nice.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:49 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] new Nuance vocalizer voices version

yes, there a number of new voices, such as the Evan voice for US English, and more. In all there are around 145 voices with several new languages. Why not go to www.atguys.com  go to the screen reader voices link, then sapi5 vocalizer link, then get a 7 day trial. The sapi5 codeFactory vocalizer will work fine with jaws and then you can try the new voices, such as Evan for U.S. English. And the codeFactory vocalizer packages let you choose the voice quality, as in, do you want a great-sounding voice that is nearly 300mb? or do you want a much smaller compact voice which may only be 50mb but the quality is not as good. the voice manager codeFactory provides lets you manage which voices are installed and which ones are not with easy install/uninstall buttons, like how jaws lets you easily choose which vocalizer voices you want. I cannot wait until next Friday because I am spending the $115 on sapi5 vocalizer and another $69 on the eloquence/vocalizer combo-pack for NVDA. I run Jaws and NVDA on a cheap $110 United States dollars RCA cambio tablet with 2gigs ram, intel atom z8350 processor and windows 10 home 32bit and it has a physical keyboard dock and the tablet has a touch screen. It works great with Jaws, though sometimes a bit slow here and there. But at the time I did not have much money and needed a computer so figured I would try the RCA cambio with jaws just to see how it goes and it works quite well. I mostly use it docked to the keyboard with jaws. And due to the cheapness of the keyboard some key combinations with jaws do not work out of the box so you have to go into keyboard manager and change a few key combinations for laptop mode. I changed the jaws window key to capslock alt j, and made some other changes. Once I have the money saved up though I'll be getting an asus tough gaming laptop with AMD ryzen r5, 8gigs ram and at least 256gb solid state drive. I bet that'll run Jaws really really fast! also the vocalizer voices, even the highest quality ones work fine on the RCA Cambio tablet/hybrid laptop that I got. 

Josh

Casey

Hi i just went to the web site you sent.

And looked threw the vocalizor voices and don't see aven in the list of US english voices.

So what did I miss if anything.

On 7/25/2019 7:49 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Josh
-- 

Casey

go to www.atguys.com and under the screen reader voices section download a 7 day trial of vocalizer sapi5 voices, install and run the 7 day trial. reload jaws. then choose sapi5 and the vocalizer voices you installed will appear there. they also work with narrator on windows10. When you pay the $115 for your license, you get full access to all voices and all languages, install and uninstall as many or as few voices as you wish at any time using the vocalizer voice manager that gets installed when you install the 7 day trial. 

Casey

Hi can you send a sample of the new Evan voice to the list so we can hear what it sounds like.

When i looked at the voices I didn't see A Evan voice in the US English voices. 

On 7/26/2019 7:51 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
go to www.atguys.com and under the screen reader voices section download a 7 day trial of vocalizer sapi5 voices, install and run the 7 day trial. reload jaws. then choose sapi5 and the vocalizer voices you installed will appear there. they also work with narrator on windows10. When you pay the $115 for your license, you get full access to all voices and all languages, install and uninstall as many or as few voices as you wish at any time using the vocalizer voice manager that gets installed when you install the 7 day trial. 
-- 

Casey