Topics

Pinning to the task bar

Richard Turner

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Michael Babcock

tapping the applications key on an icon within the start menu should present you with an option to pin an icon to the taskbar.

Then, leveraging your Windows key +1-0, dependent on the location of the icon within the taskbar, will allow you to quickly launch that icon.

Tapping Windows key plus the letter t, will let you quickly cycle through the icons on your taskbar, to determine what order they are in for using the previously mentioned key stroke.

I would love information about reorganizing icons in the taskbar, to allow me to be more efficient.

Hope you're well

On Jul 22, 2019 at 6:13 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Alan Robbins

Last I knew, and that was a couple of Win 10 versions ago, only way to rearrange was to unpin then pin in order one wanted them to appear.

Al

tapping the applications key on an icon within the start menu should present you with an option to pin an icon to the taskbar.

Then, leveraging your Windows key +1-0, dependent on the location of the icon within the taskbar, will allow you to quickly launch that icon.

Tapping Windows key plus the letter t, will let you quickly cycle through the icons on your taskbar, to determine what order they are in for using the previously mentioned key stroke.

I would love information about reorganizing icons in the taskbar, to allow me to be more efficient.

Hope you're well

On Jul 22, 2019 at 6:13 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Richard,

Other than deleting them all and pasting them in the order you want  the only way I've found is using Drag and Drop.  2 different ways of dragging and dropping are below.

Use the key strokes, (CTRL+INSERT+NUM PAD SLASH) for Drag and Drop .
This is used to drag items from one location and drop them in another.
Position the JAWS Cursor on the item you wish to move and press
CTRL+INSERT+NUM
PAD SLASH. You can leave the JAWS Cursor active, or you can switch to the PC
Cursor. JAWS will keep speaking as you navigate. Once you have positioned
the JAWS or PC Cursor in the location to which you would like to move the
item, press CTRL+INSERT+NUM PAD SLASH again, and the item will be moved to
the position of the active cursor.

From: David Bailes
Hi,
you can drag them to another location using the Jaws cursor:
1. Move to the program's button that you want to move.
2. Press Insert + Numpad Minus to route the Jaws Cursor to the PC cursor, and then press Insert + Numpad Slash to lock the left mouse button, in other
words, start holding it down.
3. Press Numpad Plus to switch back to using the PC cursor, and then press either Left Arrow or Right Arrow the number of times which is the number of
positions which you want to move the program either to the left or right respectively. This moves the PC cursor to the position where you want the program
to end up.
4. Press Insert + Numpad Minus to route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, and press Insert + Numpad Slash to unlock the left mouse button, in other words,
stop holding it down.
5. Finally, press Numpad Plus to switch back to the PC cursor.
David.

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 6:13 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] Pinning to the task bar

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Richard Turner

Thank you Michael and Mike.
That's what I needed to know.
I took Edge and Mail out of the taskbar since I never use Windows Mail and seldom use Edge, so now it has my most used applications which will do until FS fixes Jaws 2019 so it stops blocking my other hotkeys.

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 6:13 AM

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Onwardbob

Mike I know where the "slash" is, but where is the "NUM PAD SLASH"

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

From: David Bailes
Hi,
[...]

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that
somebody screwed up.

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are
pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com <http://www.turner42.com>

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas
Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Pastor Gil Pries

The items have to be draged.

I usually get Microsoft Disability Agents to do it.

Pastor Gil

Is there a way to check and perhaps rearrange the order of things that are pinned to the task bar?

Richard

Onwardbob

Got it, don't know how I missed it...thanks and oh yeah, go angels