Topics

Outlook list boxes not read by Jaws.

Judy Jones

Hi, All,

In all my years on the PC and since Jaws 3.0, I have never seen this behavior.

My inbox list of messages is invisible to Jaws, although Jaws works when opening a message.  But Jaws will not read the message list as I arrow up and down.  NVDA has no problem with this, and I am having no problems composing a new message with Jaws.

This is not only true of the inbox, but the other boxes in my Outlook program.  I am using Windows 10, Jaws 19 and Outlook 10.

This just started a few minutes ago, and I haven’t been doing anything out of the ordinary with my PC.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

Richard Turner

First,

Reboot your computer.

If that doesn’t clear it up, then make sure the preview pane didn’t get turned on.

If that doesn’t help, I’d suggest a call to Microsoft Accessibility since you didn’t do anything out of the ordinary.  An update may have happened or an accidental key press that changed something.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Outlook list boxes not read by Jaws.

Hi, All,

My inbox list of messages is invisible to Jaws, although Jaws works when opening a message.  But Jaws will not read the message list as I arrow up and down.  NVDA has no problem with this, and I am having no problems composing a new message with Jaws.

This is not only true of the inbox, but the other boxes in my Outlook program.  I am using Windows 10, Jaws 19 and Outlook 10.

This just started a few minutes ago, and I haven’t been doing anything out of the ordinary with my PC.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Judy

Judy Jones

Thank you Richard.  As it happened, this is now fixed.  The list was Minimized.  I know those keystrokes so am very surprised it happened, but glad it is solved.

Thanks so much.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Outlook list boxes not read by Jaws.

First,

Reboot your computer.

If that doesn’t clear it up, then make sure the preview pane didn’t get turned on.

If that doesn’t help, I’d suggest a call to Microsoft Accessibility since you didn’t do anything out of the ordinary.  An update may have happened or an accidental key press that changed something.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:23 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Outlook list boxes not read by Jaws.

Hi, All,

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Judy