Topics

key stroke for chaingind volume

Robin

is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
stroke for changing the speed rate.
many thanks.
Cheers Robin.
Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Hareth

Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
stroke for changing the speed rate.
many thanks.
Cheers Robin.
Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Robin

I don't seem to be able to find that option in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
stroke for changing the speed rate.
many thanks.
Cheers Robin.
Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Hareth

I'm Sure its in the keyboard manager
Its in 2 parts, they are:
the 1st is: decrease voice volume none.
the 2nd is: increase voice volume none.
"None" means no command assigned

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don't seem to be able to find that option in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
stroke for changing the speed rate.
many thanks.
Cheers Robin.
Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Robin,

See if the steps below will work for you:
Below are 2 different sets of steps for creating volume level keystrokes:

1. Open Keyboard Manager  without any applications / programs open to make sure you land on, Default, when  you open Keyboard Manager.  Do this by pressing,
Jaws key + F2, press the  letter, K, until you have Keyboard Manager highlighted, & press enter.   If you don't have, Default, highlighted when opening
the keyboard manager press  the letter, D, until you do.

2. Find the following to  assign keystrokes to them:
DecreaseSystemVolume,  None

DecreaseVoiceVolume,  None
IncreaseSystemVolume,  None

IncreaseVoiceVolume,  None
*Note:   None,  means that there is not a keystroke assigned to these functions /  tasks.

3. On each of these  functions / tasks press, Control + A, to open an edit field to insert the  keystroke you would like to use for this particular function
/ task.   *Note:  Make sure not to press any other keys other than the keystroke you  want!
4. After entering your  desired keystroke tab one time, and there's a checkbox for assigning this  keystroke to desktop keys only, usually people will
uncheck this.

5. Tab to, Okay, Press  ENTER, and choose OK in the confirmation dialog which appears.
6.  You'll be  returned to the list view of scripts.  Use the same steps with the  other functions / tasks listed above.
7. Close Keyboard  Manager with, Alt + F4.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!

Steps #2 that I haven't tried With either Windows 7 or 10, but supposedly work:
From: Richard
I found this on the Microsoft Answer page from Googling the question.  I did it and named it, creatively enough, volume, and assigned control+alt+v, which
gets  you to the master volume control on my Windows 10 Home system.

Then, alt+x gets you to the mixer controls where you can adjust programs separately, supposedly.

Here is what I found:

Yes,you can create a Master Volume Shortcut and also assign a Shortcut Key.

Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.

Paste the following in to the location of the item area:-

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

Click Next button and give a name to the Shortcut and click Finish.

Now You right click on it and select Properties.

Click Shortcut tab.

Assign your desired shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the Shortcut Key area.

Click OK/Apply.

HTH,
Richard

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] key stroke for chaingind volume

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj@...> wrote:
> is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
> stroke for changing the speed rate.
> many thanks.
> Cheers Robin.
> Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
> Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Mike Rogers

Robin,
Try control-alt- page up or down. It works for me.

Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:24:33 +0100
"Robin via Groups.Io" <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don't seem to be able to find that option in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
stroke for changing the speed rate.
many thanks.
Cheers Robin.
Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

george b

that dose not change the valume, it changes the speed rate for me

[...]

Judy Jones

That is faster/slower, not volume.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

[...]

OOPS! Sorry, I had rate on the brain instead of volume.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 06:21:33 -0700
"Judy Jones" <sonshines59@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Hello all,

I'm following  the steps below to assign keystrokes to volume increase and decrease. The new keystrokes do announce louder and softer but don't actually perform the function. Here are the keystrokes I'm using. Control Shift page up to increase and control shift page down to  make it softer. Any idea why they don't work?

Gary

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't seem to be able  to find that option  in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj@...> wrote:
> is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
> stroke for changing the speed rate.
> many thanks.
> Cheers Robin.
> Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
> Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gary,

This has been known to happen, but there were 2 sets of steps, if the 1st set of steps doesn't work try the 2nd set of steps.

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't seem to be able  to find that option  in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj@...> wrote:
> is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
> stroke for changing the speed rate.
> many thanks.
> Cheers Robin.
> Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
> Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Hi Mike,

I don't see the second set of instructions. Are they in the same reply you sent to Robin?

Gary

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't seem to be able  to find that option  in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj@...> wrote:
> is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
> stroke for changing the speed rate.
> many thanks.
> Cheers Robin.
> Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
> Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gary,

Here's the 2nd steps:

From: Richard Turner
Mike,
These steps worked perfectly with Vocalizer 2.2 or whatever the current
Vocalizer version is.  I set the Voice volume to control+alt+hyphen and
increase to control+alt+equals.
[...]

Thanks,
Richard

From: netbat66
it may need to be defined in the keyboard manager.
if you want the changes for all scripts make sure the default keyboard
script
is loaded. then changes will apply to all the program scripts.
search for increase and decrease volume.
there are also options to increase and decrease rate in the same place. but
these are undefined.
Net bat

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't seem to be able  to find that option  in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.

On 7/17/19, Robin via Groups.Io <bob.wrj@...> wrote:
> is there a key stroke on the fly for changing the volume, like the key
> stroke for changing the speed rate.
> many thanks.
> Cheers Robin.
> Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
> Email: bob.wrj@...

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@...

Robin

Mike thanks for that got it to work!
got the titvh to work as well good for hearing loss.
just when using eloquence the volume didn't work for some reason, pitch
and speed worked ok.
Many thanks for that.
Would you know how to make frames speak and spell, just like
window-eyes did.