Question About Use Of Ebay With Jaws

Robert Ringwald

Does anyone buy and sell successfully on ebay with Jaws??

Bob Ringwald
Amateur (ham) radio station K6YBV
www.ringwald.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

Robert,
Since you reposted your message for posterity, I'll follow with my same reply for others, as I have done a lot of buying on eBay.

I can tell you with certainty, that the buy part can easily enough, you just need to use headings commands and know the basics of page navigation.
Use headings as well as buttons, like the submit bid button, and the E key to find the edit field so you can enter a bid.
I search for the word DESC to find the description.
Search for shipp for shipping to find out how much the shipping is.
That is with two Ps.
Use C for the category search.
And if looking for computer and networking, press D and up arrow, because there are a lot of Cs in the list.
Oh yeah, you'll need a PayPal account, and it is nice the way it can go directly to your PayPal and enter the transaction for you.

HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 11:16 PM
To: Jaws
Subject: [jaws-users] Question About

Can Ebay be used successfully, both buy and sell with Jaws>?
Bob Ringwald
Amateur (ham) radio station K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
Go Dodgers

Gerald Levy

I don't sell on EBay, but I shop there all the time using the EBay advanced search page.?? Shopping on EBay is like browsing the world's largest 99 cent store.?? I have purchased dozens of items for less than a buck, which is actually less than I would pay at my local 99 cent store, which charges sales tax.?? It must cost these sellers more than 99 cents to ship these items from China or Hong Kong, so I don't know how they makemoney. For instance, I recently purchased a pair of oven mitts on EBay for only 99 cents shipped.?? My local 99 cent store charges $1.49 plus tax for only one mitt.?? So what if it sometimes takes a few weeks to receive the item??? The EBay advanced page is completely accessible with JAWS.?? Happy shopping.

Gerald

On 6/30/2019 12:56 PM, Robert Ringwald wrote:
Does anyone buy and sell successfully on ebay with Jaws??
??
Bob Ringwald
Amateur (ham) radio station K6YBV
www.ringwald.com

???The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

Some states are now charging tax for on-line items.
Nebraska has started this now, the big sellers like eBay and Amazon are complying.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2019 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Question About Use Of Ebay With Jaws

[...]

Steve

I have bought on eBay with Jaws.
I don't see why one couldn't sell on eBay, but I usually get others to load the photos of the product because having photos seems to greatly improve the chances of a sale and increase the price if you are auctioning an item.

Steve