Topics

lower jaws volume

Lenny McHugh

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I lower the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws. There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Lenny,

Open the Speaker folder in the system tray and then open the Volume mixer.  Tab through to find the soundcard and there should be a volume control for this particular soundcard there.  You could also open Playback devices and change the volume for the soundcard in question there as well.  If you don't have the Speaker icon in the system tray go to the Control Panel / Sounds link to find the, Playback tab to choose your soundcard there.

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:54 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] lower jaws volume

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I lower the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws. There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

there is nothing in the system tray for this

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:54 PM

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I lower the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws. There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Hi Lenny,
Any time we don't know how to do something in windows, we should try typing it in the search window.
So tap the windows key and type in speaker, and then down arrow to speaker controls.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:32 PM

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:54 PM

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I lower the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws. There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

Thanks, I already located it . It was set up at 100% I changed it to 7%.

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:32 PM

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:54 PM

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I lower the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws. There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

David Ferrin

The command line argument for bringing up the volume control is:

sndvol

[...]

Justin Williams

it Said it is not recognized.

I did start run,   cmd enter.

then typed in the argument.

Justin

[...]

thanks that makes it easy

Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:10 AM

[...]

Hareth

I don't know why it doesn't work with you but
You can type it directly in the run edit box and hit enter.
note: the command
sndvol
is one word no spaces.

On 6/27/19, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:
it Said it is not recognized.

I did start run, cmd enter.

then typed in the argument.

Justin

The command line argument for bringing up the volume control is:

sndvol

there is nothing in the system tray for this

I just installed a new ex sound card to use with ear buds. They now are a
wonderful ear cleaner, it blew the wax right out of my ears. How can I
lower
the sound for a specific sound device that I am trying to use with jaws.
There is nothing on the task bar and I thought that would be only for the
main sound card.

---

Please visit my web page

It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com <https://www.lennymchugh.com/>

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would
have
preferred.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Justin,
You don't need to drop to the CLI with cmd.
In the field where you typed CMD, type sndvol instead
HTH.
Glenn

I don't know why it doesn't work with you but
You can type it directly in the run edit box and hit enter.
note: the command
sndvol
is one word no spaces.

On 6/27/19, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:
> it Said it is not recognized.
>
> I did start run,   cmd enter.
>
> then typed in the argument.
>
> Justin

David Ferrin

Not from the command prompt, in the run dialog. For example:

windows key + R

then type

sndvol

[...]

netbat66

one thing i did is use the command mentioned here and created a desktop batch file. then i don't have to type anything in the run box.

[...]

why not define the jaws volume control in the jaws default keyboard manager?
in my case these key commands were un defined.
search for increase and decrease to find these commands.
i am useing shift control and page up and down as my jaws volume controls.

[...]

And you can set a hotkey for it if you press alt + enter on the icon and tab to shortcut.
Glenn

one thing i did is use the command mentioned here and created a desktop batch
file. then i don't have to type anything in the run box.

I don't know why it doesn't work with you but
You can type it directly in the run edit box and hit enter.
note: the command
sndvol
is one word no spaces.

On 6/27/19, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:
> it Said it is not recognized.
>
> I did start run,   cmd enter.
>
> then typed in the argument.
>
> Justin

JM Casey

For me, the run box would be more convenient, as I hardly use the desktop for anything anymore.
But I do find that I have to adjust JAWS volume this way fairly often. Especially when playing streams from the web, whose volumes are often wildly inconsistent. Note to makers of podcasts with multiple participants: please normalise your volumes. Argh.

[...]

how could the run box be more convenient? haveing to type the program in every few minutes. like when trying to use youtube?
desktop shortcut and a hot key to run it you wouldn't have to be on the desktop to load it.
***
and for me it is much easier to run my programs from the desktop then haveing to go to the app list in the start menu for every program.

[...]

Hi.
Sure, hotkey is an option, and one I don't really invoke as often as would possibly be useful. I meant the desktop itself, though, is something that I hardly have used since the old days of Windows. The run box is very convenient for me but I am a fast typist and it only takes a second. Not sure why you brought up youtube, here, but certain programmes, like browsers, tend to remain open for long periods of time, even if they're not in use, so unless the browser crashes, I will open once from the run box and keep the programming running til I shut down the PC.

[...]

Oh, there it is.
I think I got it to work.