getting out of spellcheck in MS Word 265

CJ &AA MAY

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

Mike Ulrich

I just hit the escape key; and I’m back in the word document. But I am running an older set up. I’m running Windows 7, with jaws 18, and Microsoft word 2010. Hope this might help.

On Jun 23, 2019, at 4:58 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

 escape worked with earlier versions but not now.

by Alison may
0777 315 8181

On 23 Jun 2019, at 10:06 am, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

I just hit the escape key; and I’m back in the word document. But I am running an older set up. I’m running Windows 7, with jaws 18, and Microsoft word 2010. Hope this might help.

On Jun 23, 2019, at 4:58 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

Brian Lee

Hello,

Function key 6 will switch focus between the opened panes.  Press F6 until you get into the document pane where you can make changes.  Use F6 to return to the proofing pane and there will be a Resume button you can press spacebar on to continue with the spell checking at the point you left it.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianllee@...

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

Excuse me what’s word 265?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

My mistake - i am using Office 365.

by Alison may
0777 315 8181

On 23 Jun 2019, at 6:32 pm, Kevin <kleeva5@...> wrote:

Excuse me what’s word 265?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

Yes, f6 does rotate through the options but when it reaches edit, it still isn’t allowing me to return to the document.

Alison

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

Mike Ulrich

Oh man, that sucks!

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home Phone: 239-540-7431

Cell phone: 239-565-5845

 escape worked with earlier versions but not now.

by Alison may

0777 315 8181

On 23 Jun 2019, at 10:06 am, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

I just hit the escape key; and I’m back in the word document. But I am running an older set up. I’m running Windows 7, with jaws 18, and Microsoft word 2010. Hope this might help.

On Jun 23, 2019, at 4:58 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

Van Lant, Robin

Allison,

If you don’t figure this out, you might try the alternative of Shift alt L to bring up a list of spelling issues or Alt F7 to move to mistake to mistake.  I’ve really gotten away from the standard F7 method as of late.

 escape worked with earlier versions but not now.

by Alison may

0777 315 8181

On 23 Jun 2019, at 10:06 am, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

I just hit the escape key; and I’m back in the word document. But I am running an older set up. I’m running Windows 7, with jaws 18, and Microsoft word 2010. Hope this might help.

On Jun 23, 2019, at 4:58 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

I have created a very long document and spellchecking it is proving a real pain. Occasionally the spellchecker will come up with something and I want to then come out of the spellcheck and look at the document but I’m stuck there. The only way of escaping seems to be to press f4 and exit the document entirely and then go back in.

Any suggestons?

Alison

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

CJ &AA MAY

I didn’t know this command, so thank you.

Alison

[...]

Justin Williams

I didn't either, man, where did you get those?

those are some good ones.

[...]

I like the Alt Shift L option when I know there are a lot of words that will flag as misspelled, but aren’t.  The dialog gives you a list of what  thinks are mistakes and you can just arrow down past the ones you know are actually correct. When you find one you want to check or correct, hit enter and you’ll be taken right to the word.  Then, you can hist the application key to open a list of correction choices.

Alt F7 moves from mistake to mistake, but it opens the list of corrections for you.  If you know you have odd words that it will flag, then it feels more clunky to me to have to listen the extra JAWS babble before I know the word it’s flagged and then have to hit escape.

I use both methods pretty regularly.

[...]

I couldn’t get the alt shift l option to work. I am using Office 365 – which version are you using or perhaps I need to initiate something in Jaws?

Alison

[...]

word is what I'm using. word 2016

[...]

We have Office 365 here, but I’m only on Word and Outlook 2016.  I wonder if you are on Word 2019 and the feature doesn’t work there.  WE can post to this list with a different subject line to see if that is the case.   I’m using the April or May release of JAWS 2019.