Topics

Links Inquiry

JERRY MARTIN

Afternoon all.

Using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I need some information on an issue with website links.

I am trying to do some online research, and one of the links I am attempting to open says “link World War 2 on mouse over”. I have tried opening it with the spacebar, pressing enter, and the applications (shift f10) keys. None work. Can anyone answer this issue and offer a workaround? Thanks.

Jerry

Glenn / Lenny

Which browser are you using when this happens?
Have you tried insert + F7 to list the links?
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:33 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Links Inquiry

Afternoon all.

Using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I need some information on an issue with website links.

I am trying to do some online research, and one of the links I am attempting to open says “link World War 2 on mouse over”. I have tried opening it with the spacebar, pressing enter, and the applications (shift f10) keys. None work. Can anyone answer this issue and offer a workaround? Thanks.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

I did listing the links, and it did no good. My web browser is IE 11. Thanks for the reply.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Links Inquiry

HTH.
Glenn

To: jaws-users-list

Afternoon all.

Jerry

Justin Williams

Root jaws to pc, and double click.

You can also try it without the virtual cursor on.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:40 PM

HTH.

Glenn

Afternoon all.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

Exactly what do you mean, keyboard-wise, by double clicking? I do not use a mouse.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:56 PM

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny

HTH.

Glenn

Afternoon all.

Jerry

Justin Williams

Us the jaws cursor.

Insert minus on the numpad

Then, double click the left mouse button.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:05 PM

Exactly what do you mean, keyboard-wise, by double clicking? I do not use a mouse.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:56 PM

HTH.

Glenn

Afternoon all.

Jerry

Adrian Spratt

For a mouseover link, press control-numpad enter and the PC cursor key, all at the same time. Listen carefully for what JAWS says after you release the keys.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:34 PM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Afternoon all.

Jerry

Larry Volk

Which browser are you using? There is a website I use all the time and I have this same issue but I switched back to IE and problem resolved.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: June 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Afternoon all.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

Larry:

I use IE 11, and the suggestion provided from Adrian worked great. It is

when on the specific link, press control jawskey enter (the last two keys are on the numpad). Then listen to what jaws says. Hope this help, as it helped me.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:57 PM

Which browser are you using? There is a website I use all the time and I have this same issue but I switched back to IE and problem resolved.

Larry

Sent: June 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Afternoon all.

Jerry

chris judge

Also, internet explorer might be your issue. I’d suggest trying chrome or fire fox.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: June 20, 2019 5:57 PM

HTH.

Glenn

Afternoon all.

Jerry