Topics

work day

Marek Durila

Hi,
WorkDay is I think web based application respective through the web you can access it. It was accessible as I am remembering but there is a space to improve it.
But many companies will make their own design.

"Glenn ---19.06.2019 16:34:25---Sounds like a system used by the state of Nebraska for accessing client account pay and staff pay in

To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 19.06.2019 16:34
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] work day
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Sounds like a system used by the state of Nebraska for accessing client account pay and staff pay information.
If that is what you are thinking of, it is partially accessible.
Like you can log in to read your paystub, but reading it is another issue, but you can print it.
Let me know if that is what you are referring to, and I'll see if I can remember more if you need.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:19 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] work day

Has anyone heard of a platform named work day? Is it accessible?

Justin

Justin Williams

It is used with US foods, but I’m not sure for what?

I working with them on a project.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] work day

Sounds like a system used by the state of Nebraska for accessing client account pay and staff pay information.

Like you can log in to read your paystub, but reading it is another issue, but you can print it.

Let me know if that is what you are referring to, and I'll see if I can remember more if you need.

Glenn

Has anyone heard of a platform named work day?  Is it accessible?

Justin

Van Lant, Robin

As a manager, I delegate many aspects, such as recruiting tasks, to another person and that saves me a lot. The biggest pain that I have to deal with is our performance reviews done in workday.  Because you only do it twice a year, I get the hang of it once I’m in it, but it takes me a bit each time I start to remember what order fields are in and the tricks I have found to get the job done.  The worst was when I had to do performance reviews for six employees and also my own.  Right now I only have three interns reporting to me, so hopefully it will be a bit less painful. I do think I can even delegate this, so maybe I’ll try it this summer.

We don’t use it for time off requests thankfully.  But yesterday I needed sighted assistance to assign a backup for our timekeeping system and even she was painstakingly looking at the quick reference guide to figure out the steps.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:08 AM

Our office began using it in February.

Our staff has much the same response as Robin's.

The blind users, like myself, have fits with it; and the sighted staff really do not like it, but can manage.

I have found that using a bluetooth keyboard with a smart phone and accessing through the browser works better than try to use Jaws on their site.

Do not try the app if you have a smart phone though, because it is missing tons of stuff.

Under request time off, there are less than have of the categories on the app as on the web site as one example.

The easiest way to deal with it is to get sighted help. But, at least, requesting time off is manageable with the smart phone route, though also very tedious.

Whoever marketed this mess as accessible should be punished.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 19, 2019, at 8:01 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I was recently laid off with a group of staff due to budget mismanagement, here in Nebraska, so I don't need to be worried about Work Day any more, but I know that it is complicated enough that the sighted staff needed training for it, and I never bothered to look at my retirement information, because I did not want to spend the time to learn it for every task I want.

Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:51 AM

Glenn,

Workday is software to manage personnel information for companies.  We use it here at my company.  Workday has been working on accessibility.  When I started using it a couple years ago, they had a special link within the software for a supposedly accessible version.  Now they have integrated accessibility into the main program.  The tricky part is that Workday is highly customizable by a company.  I have heard of people outside my company that love Workday, but everyone here at my company thinks its terrible.  I'm not even talking about blind people.  What I find very challenging with it is that, at least for the way our company implemented it, there is so much clutter on the screens and it's really hard to find things.  I'm a manager, so I have to do extra stuff aside from the basics.  I'd say a lot is read by JAWS, but it's hard to decipher where I'm supposed to go and what to click.  Again, even my sighted colleagues find our version confusing.     There is one design issue I definitely find an access issue wit.  If I come to a field and have to select from a few choices, Workday does not present it as a drop down list or combo box. Instead, JAWS sees at as an edit field, but it's not the kind where you can start typing and select from autocomplete options. Instead, there is a little icon to the far right of the edit box where you are supposed to click and then a list appears, but the list is not accessible.  That is my one consistent access problem, aside from the general navigation issues.

Happy to give more insights, with the caveat that each company can customize, so your experience will likely feel a bit different.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:19 AM

Justin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Richard Turner

Our office began using it in February.
Our staff has much the same response as Robin's.
The blind users, like myself, have fits with it; and the sighted staff really do not like it, but can manage.
I have found that using a bluetooth keyboard with a smart phone and accessing through the browser works better than try to use Jaws on their site.
Do not try the app if you have a smart phone though, because it is missing tons of stuff.
Under request time off, there are less than have of the categories on the app as on the web site as one example.
The easiest way to deal with it is to get sighted help. But, at least, requesting time off is manageable with the smart phone route, though also very tedious.
Whoever marketed this mess as accessible should be punished.
Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 19, 2019, at 8:01 AM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I was recently laid off with a group of staff due to budget mismanagement, here in Nebraska, so I don't need to be worried about Work Day any more, but I know that it is complicated enough that the sighted staff needed training for it, and I never bothered to look at my retirement information, because I did not want to spend the time to learn it for every task I want.
Glenn

Glenn,

Workday is software to manage personnel information for companies.  We use it here at my company.  Workday has been working on accessibility.  When I started using it a couple years ago, they had a special link within the software for a supposedly accessible version.  Now they have integrated accessibility into the main program.  The tricky part is that Workday is highly customizable by a company.  I have heard of people outside my company that love Workday, but everyone here at my company thinks its terrible.  I'm not even talking about blind people.  What I find very challenging with it is that, at least for the way our company implemented it, there is so much clutter on the screens and it's really hard to find things.  I'm a manager, so I have to do extra stuff aside from the basics.  I'd say a lot is read by JAWS, but it's hard to decipher where I'm supposed to go and what to click.  Again, even my sighted colleagues find our version confusing.     There is one design issue I definitely find an access issue wit.  If I come to a field and have to select from a few choices, Workday does not present it as a drop down list or combo box. Instead, JAWS sees at as an edit field, but it's not the kind where you can start typing and select from autocomplete options. Instead, there is a little icon to the far right of the edit box where you are supposed to click and then a list appears, but the list is not accessible.  That is my one consistent access problem, aside from the general navigation issues.

Happy to give more insights, with the caveat that each company can customize, so your experience will likely feel a bit different.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams

Justin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
SUBJECT line.

Glenn / Lenny

Glenn

Glenn,

Justin

SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Glenn,

Workday is software to manage personnel information for companies. We use it here at my company. Workday has been working on accessibility. When I started using it a couple years ago, they had a special link within the software for a supposedly accessible version. Now they have integrated accessibility into the main program. The tricky part is that Workday is highly customizable by a company. I have heard of people outside my company that love Workday, but everyone here at my company thinks its terrible. I'm not even talking about blind people. What I find very challenging with it is that, at least for the way our company implemented it, there is so much clutter on the screens and it's really hard to find things. I'm a manager, so I have to do extra stuff aside from the basics. I'd say a lot is read by JAWS, but it's hard to decipher where I'm supposed to go and what to click. Again, even my sighted colleagues find our version confusing. There is one design issue I definitely find an access issue wit. If I come to a field and have to select from a few choices, Workday does not present it as a drop down list or combo box. Instead, JAWS sees at as an edit field, but it's not the kind where you can start typing and select from autocomplete options. Instead, there is a little icon to the far right of the edit box where you are supposed to click and then a list appears, but the list is not accessible. That is my one consistent access problem, aside from the general navigation issues.

Justin

SUBJECT line.

Glenn / Lenny

Glenn

Justin

Justin Williams

Justin