Topics

using alt 1, 2, etc.

Miriam Vieni

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Its working fine for me.
John
At 06:38 AM 6/15/2019, you wrote:
I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

JAWS Certified, 2014.

It works in windows live mail, with the latest Jaws.
Glenn

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:38 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] using alt 1, 2, etc.

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

ratshtron <northstarr1950@...>

hmmm, could be using a keyboard with a functionlock key? if so, you might try pressing the funcloc key and then try the f keys again.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2019 08:38 AM, Miriam Vieni said:
I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

I think what Miriam is referring to is the plain numbers below the function keys, with the alt key, to take you to the tab fields above the body of a message.
Glenn

hmmm, could be using a keyboard with a functionlock key? if so, you
might try pressing the funcloc key and then try the f keys again.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2019 08:38 AM, Miriam Vieni said:
>I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
>using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
>2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
>else?
>
>Miriam

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Miriam/all,
Using alt + numbers relays complete silence from within a message in
loutlook 2007. This is with latest jaws.
Takis

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

Miriam Vieni

No, it isn't locked. That actually happened to me by accident last night and
nothing worked right, but that isn't it.

Miriam

I think what Miriam is referring to is the plain numbers below the function keys, with the alt key, to take you to the tab fields above the body of a message.

Glenn

hmmm, could be using a keyboard with a functionlock key? if so, you
might try pressing the funcloc key and then try the f keys again.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2019 08:38 AM, Miriam Vieni said:
>I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
>using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
>2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
>else?
>
>Miriam

Miriam Vieni

I'm using Office 365.

Miriam

Using alt + numbers relays complete silence from within a message in
loutlook 2007. This is with latest jaws.
Takis

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Outlook 7 might be the problem. I'm sure it works with outlook 2016 and 365.
I don't know how well it works with earlier versions.
John
At 07:52 AM 6/15/2019, you wrote:
Hi Miriam/all,
Using alt + numbers relays complete silence from within a message in
loutlook 2007. This is with latest jaws.
Takis

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

JAWS Certified, 2014.

ratshtron <northstarr1950@...>

hmmm, my bad, lol! missreqad your message. have a great day!

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2019 10:07 AM, Miriam Vieni said:
No, it isn't locked. That actually happened to me by accident last night and
nothing worked right, but that isn't it.

Miriam

hmmm, could be using a keyboard with a functionlock key? if so, you might
try pressing the funcloc key and then try the f keys again.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2019 08:38 AM, Miriam Vieni said:
I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

Robert Ringwald

What is a lt 1 and 2 supposed to do in jaws? In Word 10, alt 1 is supposed to set the line spacing to one line. But doesn’t work. Should I use a bypass key? In WE, bypass is alt B. What is it in Jjujaws”?

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV

It works in windows live mail, with the latest Jaws.
Glenn

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

CJ &AA MAY

I think you are mistaken. In order to set a document to single line spacing, it is control 1, not alt 1 and, likewise, to set a document to double lined spacing it is control 2.

Alison

What is a lt 1 and 2 supposed to do in jaws? In Word 10, alt 1 is supposed to set the line spacing to one line. But doesn’t work. Should I use a bypass key? In WE, bypass is alt B. What is it in Jjujaws”?

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV

It works in windows live mail, with the latest Jaws.

Glenn

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

JAWS Certified, 2014.

In outlook and Live mail, it either reads or places you in the fields, and it's actually 1 through 6, 6 being the subject field.
Pressing the number twice actually places you in that field.
Glenn

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:48 AM

What is a lt 1 and 2 supposed to do in jaws? In Word 10, alt 1 is supposed to set the line spacing to one line. But doesn’t work. Should I use a bypass key? In WE, bypass is alt B. What is it in Jjujaws”?

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV

It works in windows live mail, with the latest Jaws.
Glenn

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

Larry Volk

The alt+# is working for me in Outlook2010. You can also use the shift+tab to move backwards to these fields.

Larry

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:48 AM

What is a lt 1 and 2 supposed to do in jaws? In Word 10, alt 1 is supposed to set the line spacing to one line. But doesn’t work. Should I use a bypass key? In WE, bypass is alt B. What is it in Jjujaws”?

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV

It works in windows live mail, with the latest Jaws.

Glenn

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

Robert Ringwald

You are correct. My mistake. Not awake yet.

-Bob

[...]

I've got Office 365, did the Jaws update, and it isn't working. Is it
because I have a Windows 7 computer?

Miriam

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails
when using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest
update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that.
Anyone else?

Miriam

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Judy Jones

You have to have an open message in order to see the options.  Does not work when simply pointing to the message.

Judy

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:38 AM

I haven't been able to hear the usual information in Outlook emails when
using alt and numbers, but I thought I read that this latest update to Jaws
2019 was fixing that. But for me, it doesn't seem to have done that. Anyone
else?

Miriam

lyacks@...

I am also using Office 365 and Jaws 18. Some of the alt numbers just say not available. Linda

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:48 AM