From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Teresa Arroyo Llosa
Sent: June 11, 2019 3:29 PM
To: Jaws Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Can Ofice 2019 home business be installed on a windows 8.1-64 computer?

Hello all,

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Glenn / Lenny

I'm going to upgrade to 8 before 10, which may never happen if I'm lucky.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Loy

I would skip 8, it was not a good version.

I'm going to upgrade to 8 before 10, which may never happen if I'm lucky.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Glenn / Lenny

There are others who would disagree.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Teresa,

One sure fire way to find out would be to call Microsoft Accessibility.  Contact info below:
Phone#: 1-800-936-5900

TTY#: 1-800-892-5234

Monday thru Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM, easter time

Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, eastern time

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:29 AM

Hello all,

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Steve

Not many, that's why it didn't last in the market; never had the penetration of Windows 7 or 10; and since mainstream support already ended over a year ago, and extended supports ends in 2023, you're better off just biting the bullet and going with Windows 10.

I know of no good reason why anybody would opt to upgrade to Windows 8 instead of going straight to 10.

If you are still using accessibility like Jaws or another screen-reader, you can still do it for free.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Yes it will work on windows 7,8 and 10.running office2019  professional on a business machine in my home.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Glenn / Lenny

Windows 8 was a flop, like Vista was, but they came out with 8.1 and shortly after windows 10, and that is why there was a small market penetration.
Vista became pretty good after Microsoft's fixes, but most people went into 7 by then.
Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

chris judge

Still, it makes no sense to upgrade from windows 7 to 8, or 8.1.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Glenn / Lenny

I think it makes no sense to go to 10.

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:24 AM

[...]

Well, that’s interesting, since the majority of people are using 10, and very few people are using 8 or 8,1, but opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one, smile.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

Judy Jones

Yes, Once Windows 8 was out, I remember reading a slightly humorous article that the reason Windows 10 came out so soon after 8 was out that Microsoft was apologizing for 8.

We had 7 at work when I retired in 2017, but were fixing to move over to 10 within the next year.

Judy

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Do agree with you. On this one.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

I agree, I am running 7 no issues here.

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:08 AM

I think it makes no sense to go to 10.

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:24 AM

[...]

David Ferrin

We asked this thread be stopped twice so far. Don’t make me go and mute it.