Topics

reading with chrome on the internet issue

Kimsan

Good morning,

This has been occurring for a week now and it’s starting to irritate me

I’m using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just stops.  The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift tab which causes me to lose my place.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Try the following to see if it will help:
1. While in Chrome press, Insert + V, for quick settings.
2. Down arrow to, Virtual cursor options and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, General options, and right arrow to open.
4. Down arrow to, Page Refresh, and press the spacebar until Jaws reports, Off.
5. Now tab to, Okay, press enter to save the change and close.

If this doesn't help, write back and we'll see just how much more we can confuse you!  LOL  LOL
Just kidding, let us know if this works and if it doesn't we'll try something else.

This has been occurring for a week now and it’s starting to irritate me

I’m using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just stops.  The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift tab which causes me to lose my place.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Hi,
I don't know what causes it but I've experienc the same problem with JAWS, NVDA and Narrator.
I'm guessing its a google problem but again I don't know what is causing it.
JohnAt 07:51 AM 6/10/2019, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
Good morning,
This has been occurring for a week now and it's starting to irritate me
I'm using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just stops. The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift tab which causes me to lose my place.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,
Sincerely,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

JAWS Certified, 2014.

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Hi,
I don't know what causes it but I've experienc the same problem with JAWS, NVDA and Narrator.
I'm guessing its a google problem but again I don't know what is causing it.
JohnAt 07:51 AM 6/10/2019, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
Good morning,
This has been occurring for a week now and it's starting to irritate me
I'm using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just stops. The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift tab which causes me to lose my place.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,
Sincerely,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Adrian Spratt

Try pressing F5 to refresh the page, then JAWS key+escape, the JAWS command that does something similar. I now need to do both commands in this sequence on many webpages.

I don't know what causes it but I've experienc the same problem with JAWS, NVDA and Narrator.
I'm guessing its a google problem but again I don't know what is causing it.
JohnAt 07:51 AM 6/10/2019, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
Good morning,
This has been occurring for a week now and it's starting to irritate me
I'm using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start
reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just stops. The
only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift tab which causes
me to lose my place.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,
Sincerely,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Kimsan

Yep.
Before Mike came through with his suggestion that unfortunately didn't fix
the issue that is what I was doing.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

Hi John,

I don't know if you've noticed but, when you're sending messages to the list this is what your, To field, looks like.

This is causing you to send your posts to the list twice.

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 6:42 PM

Hi,
I don't know what causes it but I've experienc the same problem with
JAWS, NVDA and Narrator.
I'm guessing its a google problem but again I don't know what is causing it.
JohnAt 07:51 AM 6/10/2019, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
>Good morning,
>This has been occurring for a week now and it's starting to irritate me
>I'm using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start
>reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just
>stops.  The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift
>tab which causes me to lose my place.
>Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
>
>Thankyou,
>Sincerely,
>Kimsan Song
>kimsansong@...

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Robert Ringwald

What is the jaws key?

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV

[...]

On a desktop keyboard layout, it's the insert key on the numpad. On a laptop keyboard layout, it's the caps lock. I know it sounds clumsy to call it "Jaws key," but the idea is to cover both situations.

[...]

Thanks, I'm not sure why that's happening.
I'll check this message.

I only saw the list email once.
John
Jon

<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io <<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io>; 'jaws' <<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io>

This is causing you to send your posts to the list twice.

I don't know what causes it but I've experienc the same problem with
JAWS, NVDA and Narrator.
I'm guessing its a google problem but again I don't know what is causing it.
JohnAt 07:51 AM 6/10/2019, Kimsan via Groups.Io wrote:
Good morning,
This has been occurring for a week now and it's starting to irritate me
I'm using chrome 74, no matter the site I navigate to once I start
reading using the down arrow, after a few lines, jaws just
stops. The only way I can start reading again is to tab and shift
tab which causes me to lose my place.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thankyou,
Sincerely,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...