Topics

Chrome Extension for Solving Captchas

Gerald Levy

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Ben J. Bloomgren

Gerald, I use Captcha be gone. I think that the web site is www.captchabegone.com

On Jun 6, 2019, at 10:05, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Gerald Levy

Forget about Captcha Be Gone, which,, according to reports on other lists is defunct, for all intents and purposes.?? A few users have complained about forking over the $36 annual fee only to discover that CBG doesn't work, and that there is no way to contact its developer for a refund. I used to use Rumola, but that, too, is apparently now defunct.

Gerald

On 6/6/2019 1:51 PM, Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:
Gerald, I use Captcha be gone. I think that the web site is www.captchabegone.com

On Jun 6, 2019, at 10:05, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Kevin

http://www.screenreader.ai/download_captcha_solver.html

To download the extension:

1.            Unzip the file.

2.            Copy the file path by pressing shift-application key, arrowing up to the option and pressing enter.

3. Go to extensions section in Chrome, chrome://extensions by pressing alt-f,release and press  l, then e.

4. Toggle on "Developer mode"

5. Click on "Load unpacked"

6. Tabbed 1 time to an edit field and paste the file path of the unzipped folder.

7. Tabbed to the select folder button and pressed spacebar. The extension is installed.

8. Toggle off "Developer mode"

9. Done

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Judy Jones

Hi, Kevin,

I thought I remembered a thread on a list of someone trying to develop an extension like this, but that there were several security problems, and it had to do with going into developer mode.

Was it this extension at one time, or possibly another with another developer?

I’m not even sure which list had this conversation, but thought I would check before downloading.

Judy

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Kevin

The developer is Oliver, and I believe it was this list

You must do the steps exactly.

When you get it installed, you want to disable it until you need it, because developer mode can mess up your computer!

The captcha solver doesn’t solve all captchas but it solves most of them!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Judy Jones

Okay, thanks very much for refreshing my memory on that, because I almost downloaded it the last time the conversation came up, but thought better of it.

Judy

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Kevin

It works, only you gotta remember to disable it when your finished, in other words don’t leave it enabled!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Okay, thanks very much for refreshing my memory on that, because I almost downloaded it the last time the conversation came up, but thought better of it.

Judy

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Glenn / Lenny

I only got it to work once, out of about 10 tries.
Glenn

[...]

Once is better than nothing!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

[...]

If this extension is legit, then why isn't it available in the Chrome apps store like other extensions for solving captchas??? I'm very leery about installing an extension that circumvents normal Chrome protocols and could mess up my computer if I forget to turn off developer mode after I use it. This is probably a major reason why Mozilla has blocked the installation of all unauthorized third-party extensions, including Webvisum,?? in later versions of Firefox. ?? .

Gerald

On 6/6/2019 9:46 PM, Kevin wrote:

The developer is Oliver, and I believe it was this list

You must do the steps exactly.

When you get it installed, you want to disable it until you need it, because developer mode can mess up your computer!

The captcha solver doesn???t solve all captchas but it solves most of them!

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

I thought I remembered a thread on a list of someone trying to develop an extension like this, but that there were several security problems, and it had to do with going into developer mode.

??

Was it this extension at one time, or possibly another with another developer?

??

I???m not even sure which list had this conversation, but thought I would check before downloading.

??

Judy

???Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.???

??

??

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering

whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the

Webvisum captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I

came across a Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates

those annoying audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human

ears to decipher.?? Has anyone tried this extension or found some other

captcha-solving extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

??

??

Gerald

??

??

??

??

??

??

??

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gerald,

Why don't you go read about this extension, then make a decision on how bad it is or isn't.  Many people are running and I haven't heard from anyone as of yet that it has done anything, but to work as advertised.

[...]

I followed the instructions and installed this Chrome captcha solving extension.?? Now, I have to encounter a web site with a captcha to try it.?? I have also managed to install Webvisum on Firefox 52 ESR portable on my Windows 10 desktop.?? Hopefully, one of them will do the job?? when the time comes.

Gerald

On 6/7/2019 8:46 AM, Mike B wrote:
???
Hi Gerald,
??
Why don't you go read about this extension, then make a decision on how bad it is or isn't.?? Many people are running and I haven't heard from anyone as of yet that it has done anything, but to work as advertised.
??

??
Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.??

[...]

Did you go back into Chrome and turn off developer mode as suggested?  Read below:

From: Oliver Edholm
Hi! It's Oliver Edholm, the creator of this extension.

Awesome that this is being spread, please keep spreading the word so that as
many people as possible can benefit from this.

Regarding turning off Developer mode, you should be able to do this, I've
now also clarified this on the website.

If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to contact me at
oliver.edholm@...

Oliver

[...]

Yes, when I reopened Chrome, I got a warning message to turn off developer mode to prevent potential problems.?? .

Gerald

On 6/7/2019 9:34 AM, Mike B wrote:
???
Hi Gerald,
??
[...]

Dennis L

Ben when you go to the Chrome store you get it is not available see the
URL.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jigbgngjkeabkbkgkhmfnefgmcejfcph/

Gerald, I use Captcha be gone. I think that the web site is
www.captchabegone.com

On Jun 6, 2019, at 10:05, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
<bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Now that I have begun using Google Chrome regularly, I was wondering
whether there is an extension for solving captchas, similar to the Webvisum
captcha solving add-on for Firefox.?? Doing some research, I came across a
Chrome extension called Buster that supposedly automates those annoying
audio challenges that are almost impossilbe for human ears to decipher.??
Has anyone tried this extension or found some other captcha-solving
extension for Chrome that is JAWS accessible?

Gerald

Dennis L

I have not tried it. is it accessible?