From: Larry Gassman
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 5:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Sending Money through Paypal

Hi,
I've never done this before.
I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...>

Thank you Robin. You are correct.
Yes this definitely does help.
I am using a beta version of JAWS 2019, but is not the issue at all.
I actually found out earlier that if I arrowed I would never see the e-mail edit field, but if I tabbed I did see it.
I had similar experiences with NVDA as well so it may be an issue with how the page is laid out and not screen reader specific.
Larry

At 03:15 PM 6/3/2019, Robin Frost wrote:
Hi Larry,
Once logged into Pay Pal if you execute the link for sending money when on the resulting page turn of virtual pc cursor, tab until you land on the edit field and then you can type in your email address. Then once done you can re-engage virtual pc cursor and go about your business without incident. Note this edit field appears as a combo box of previously used email addresses when in virtual pc cursor but does reveal the edit field option once virtual pc cursor is out of the mix temporarily.
I hope this helps.
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Gassman
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 5:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi,
I've never done this before.
I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

Hi,

This e-mail was not addressed to me, but is great to know. I have been
using NVDA to execute that step. This really helps, Thanks a ton!

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

Please also remind me how to turn off the virtual cursor.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Robin Frost <robini71@...>

Hi,
It's jaws key or insert for desktop layout caps lock for laptop layout and the letter z pressed in tandem.
Hope that helps.
Robin

Please also remind me how to turn off the virtual cursor.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

With NVDA I could fill in the e-mail, with Jaws I could not.

Now, I'll try by turning of the virtual cursor.

Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 5:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi,
I've never done this before.
I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

When I tried that, I got Quick Keys. I am running Jaws 18.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

Please also remind me how to turn off the virtual cursor.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Robin Frost <robini71@...>

I don't have that version handy anymore but insert z has never manifested quick keys for me.
Perhaps others can shed more light.
Robin

When I tried that, I got Quick Keys. I am running Jaws 18.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

Please also remind me how to turn off the virtual cursor.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."

I have used Paypal for years but have never sent to an e-maild address.
I need this done today.

I log in to my account, and then When I try, I do not see the send
payment button or link.
Has anyone sent money successfully?
If so, tell me how
Thank you!
Larry

Angel

The same was true with my experience concerning Jaws, NVDA and Pay pal. I attempted to add an E-Mail address to my pay pal senders list, without success with either screen reader. I never thought of turning off one or other of the Jaws cursers using the insert z key command. When I acted on this command, however, it worked like a charm. I, too, never considered tabbing back from my senders list to find the edit field. For this tip, I thank Robin. All who offer help on the list are amazingly wonderful people for doing so, and deserve all the gratitude we can show them.