From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: 30 May 2019 19:13
To: JAWS Users
Subject: [jaws-users] Scheduling Windows Defender to Automatically Perform Daily Scans

Running Windows 10 1809 with JAWS 2019, I would like to set Windows

Defender to perform a quick scan every day at about 8:00 AM.?? But I

cannot find any way of accomplishing this using the Task Scheduler.??

Opening the Task Scheduler library and browsing down the path to Windows

Defender, I cannot find a scan option anywhere that can be modified to

specify scan frequency and time. Has anyone used the Task Scheduler to

set Defender to automatically perform scans on a daily basis??? If so,

what are the steps to accomplish this using JAWS??? Thanks in advance.

Gerald

Gerald Levy

I could not find any settings under Maintenance Settings on the Control Panel that apply to Windows Defender.

Gerald

On 5/30/2019 2:19 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

Do a search for automatic maintenance settings

There you can set a time for routine maintenance tasks including virus scan

??

??

??

[...]

It is not specific to virus scan its the time for when maintenance tasks are set to run, which includes a virus scan

The setting can be found under security and maintenance > maintence settings > change maintenance settings

[...]

My understanding is that Windows Defender will run scans once a week by default.?? So simply changing the time at which routine maintenance taks are performed will not force Defender to scan every day.?? From what I have read, the Task Scheduler must be used to set Defender to run daily at a specific time, but I could not find any way to do this with JAWS.?? So maybe the Task Scheduler is not fully JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 5/30/2019 3:38 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

By default defender does scan everyday not once a week