Marek Durila

Hi,
If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Kevin

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

Hi. You need to check the box for play start-up sound. Press the windows key and type sound in to the search box. Press enter. This is a multi-page dialog, so press control tab until you get to the sounds page. Then tab through until you hear, play windows start-up sound and press spacebar to check the box. Tab to ok and all should be fine.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
What you want.
Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.
If you want something another I am appologize.

"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Did so. It works for my email sound, Recycle Bin but I can not make my start sound work.

Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.
If you want something another I am appologize.

"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I’m not a moderator, but I’m just saying.

From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Gerald Levy

Forget about setting a start-up sound.?? Is there any way to set a shutdown sound in Windows 10??? This event is not listed on the Sounds page list of events for which a sound can be assigned, unlike in Windows 7 and XP. In the absence of such a shutdown alert, how can you tell for shure that your computer has completely shut down and the power has turned off, aside from feeling the case to determine whether the fan is still running or pressing the eject button for the DVD tray, if your computer has one

Gerald

? ??

On 5/29/2019 8:08 AM, chris judge wrote:

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I???m not a moderator, but I???m just saying.

??

From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
I was not sure if he was thinking this and because not sending front of the computer I couldn't tell how it is called, only remembering something like as play startup sound and it is checkbooks.

"chris judge" ---29.05.2019 14:08:54---Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effor

From: "chris judge" <chrisjudge1967@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 14:08
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I’m not a moderator, but I’m just saying.

Did so. It works for my email sound, Recycle Bin but I can not make my start sound work.

Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.
If you want something another I am appologize.

"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

From:
"Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To:
"jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
29.05.2019 13:24
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

michaeel's mail

Well i just set my start up sound.

I went in to control pannel then sound.

Then i arrow across to the third tab wich is sound.

Then i tabbed down till i hear play windows start up sound.

I pressed space then tabbed till i heard apply i clicked it then okay then rebooted and i got start up sound.

cheers Michael.

From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:

--
sent from mazilla thunderbird

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Yes. I did so. I selected the sound I want to use, apply and OK. I even did the test to see if the wav file play and did so. However when I start PC does not work. If I recall it did not work on w10. Never had issue with w7 or SP.

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

--
sent from mazilla thunderbird

Russ

If you want the startup sound to play when you start your computer, you have to turn off fast startup.

Yes. I did so. I selected the sound I want to use, apply and OK. I even did the test to see if the wav file play and did so. However when I start PC does not work. If I recall it did not work on w10. Never had issue with w7 or SP.

Did so. It works for my email sound, Recycle Bin but I can not make my start sound work.

??

Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.
If you want something another I am appologize.

Image removed by sender. Inactive hide
                        details for
"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

--
sent from mazilla thunderbird

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

How to do so? If I do so, what will happen?Will my PC take long time to start?

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

--
sent from mazilla thunderbird

Marie

I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up sound, since your screen reader lets you know when the system is booted up. But especially with the newer laptops, there is little or nothing to let you know if the system has shut down. This would be ever so much more helpful Thantthan the start up. It would be nice if the screen reader might give you a hint. It does stop speaking and that is a good indication but does not assure that the shutdown is complete.

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Well. I was asking a question. You are free to give your little comment.

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Sandra Streeter

I don’t like it either; I tried to set a general sound for whenever ANYT program shuts down, but it didn’t really take—too many sounds, actually! So, I content myself with hearing the slight whirring when the computer shuts down—if there’s not a lot of ambient noise, that works.

Sandra

Something is wrong, I know it, if I don't keep my attention on eternity. May I be the tiniest nail in the house of the universe, tiny but useful.

(Mary Oliver)

From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

Yes, a shut down sound would be nice. Not sure why Microsoft eliminated it.

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marie

Oh, I did not mean anything negative about your question and I apologize for any affront. I was merely stating that I was more interested in a shut down sound which Win 10 has totally eliminated.
Marie

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24

From:
"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Kevin

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings.     The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link   tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot.  Tab again get manage sound devices link.  Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices.  Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link   tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link.  Control + tab doesn’t work here!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kevin,

After you type Sounds into the Search field and get to the choose your device, try using Control + Tab to get to the Sounds page / tab.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11