Topics

spflite

Lenny McHugh

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?
I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:39 PM
To: JFW List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] spflite

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Humberto,

I know it was a typo but, the correct keystroke for setting a temporary placemark is, Control, Windows key + K, not, Control, Shift + K.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] spflite

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lenny McHugh

---

Please visit my web page

Lenny McHugh

I shall give that a try, thank you

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:03 AM

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Lenny McHugh

Mike and  Humberto, It almosts works for me. I set the start with control, windows K Then a jaws find to locate where I want to copy or delete. It is over 100 lines downthe page. Then insert space and M and then am told to set the start. Is there any way to hold the start position so that I then can locate where I want to delete without reading every line?

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:31 AM

Hi Humberto,

I know it was a typo but, the correct keystroke for setting a temporary placemark is, Control, Windows key + K, not, Control, Shift + K.

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Lenny,

Set your temporary placemark and experiment with navigating with the pagedown key.  I find that each press of the pagedown key is roughly 25 lines.  I haven't played around enough to give you exact steps on how to get from the temporary placemark to the exact line number, but I'm close.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Mike and  Humberto, It almosts works for me. I set the start with control, windows K Then a jaws find to locate where I want to copy or delete. It is over 100 lines downthe page. Then insert space and M and then am told to set the start. Is there any way to hold the start position so that I then can locate where I want to delete without reading every line?

Hi Humberto,

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Lenny McHugh

Mike, found a work-around
I found where I wanted  the eeletion block to end. I then selected from there to the end of the document and copied it to the clipboard. Went back and located the starting point. Selected from there to the end and deleted. I then pasted what was previously copied.
There also was a feature in spf that I often used. I could place xx at the first and last line. This would hide the entire  document. I could then find all character string and it would just show those lines and the number not displayed before every occurrence. I would like to do this to locate div> in an html document to make sure that I have all start and ending div matched. .

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:12 PM

Hi Lenny,

Set your temporary placemark and experiment with navigating with the pagedown key.  I find that each press of the pagedown key is roughly 25 lines.  I haven't played around enough to give you exact steps on how to get from the temporary placemark to the exact line number, but I'm close.

Hi Humberto,

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Glenn / Lenny

Lenny,
Or, you could use the "find" to get you to the location on the page and then do the select from marker.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Hi Lenny,

Hi Humberto,

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Lenny McHugh

when I tried that the start marker is lost

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Lenny,
Or, you could use the "find" to get you to the location on the page and then do the select from marker.
Glenn

Hi Lenny,

Hi Humberto,

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page

Glenn / Lenny

I would have not expected that.
I'm fairly sure that I have moved down the page this way to copy text.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:44 PM

when I tried that the start marker is lost

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Lenny,
Glenn

Hi Lenny,

Hi Humberto,

Lenny:

Humberto

---

Please visit my web page