Topics

spflite

Lenny McHugh

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?
I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Humberto,

I know it was a typo but, the correct keystroke for setting a temporary placemark is, Control, Windows key + K, not, Control, Shift + K.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] spflite

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

I shall give that a try, thank you

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

Mike and  Humberto, It almosts works for me. I set the start with control, windows K Then a jaws find to locate where I want to copy or delete. It is over 100 lines downthe page. Then insert space and M and then am told to set the start. Is there any way to hold the start position so that I then can locate where I want to delete without reading every line?

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Lenny,

Set your temporary placemark and experiment with navigating with the pagedown key.  I find that each press of the pagedown key is roughly 25 lines.  I haven't played around enough to give you exact steps on how to get from the temporary placemark to the exact line number, but I'm close.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

Mike, found a work-around
I found where I wanted  the eeletion block to end. I then selected from there to the end of the document and copied it to the clipboard. Went back and located the starting point. Selected from there to the end and deleted. I then pasted what was previously copied.
There also was a feature in spf that I often used. I could place xx at the first and last line. This would hide the entire  document. I could then find all character string and it would just show those lines and the number not displayed before every occurrence. I would like to do this to locate div> in an html document to make sure that I have all start and ending div matched. .

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny,
Or, you could use the "find" to get you to the location on the page and then do the select from marker.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

when I tried that the start marker is lost

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Lenny:

Have you tried Control-Shift-K to mark the start of a segment and then Insert-Spacebar and then M to mark the end? After that, just press delete.

Humberto

Has anyone found a line editor or tried spflite that will work with jaws?

I am trying to edit some very large files and trying to select each line is becoming a problem. With my old mainframe spf editor it was a very easy task. You would just mark your starting line and ending line then copy, delete or whatever you wanted.

---

Please visit my web page

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

I would have not expected that.
I'm fairly sure that I have moved down the page this way to copy text.
Glenn

when I tried that the start marker is lost

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:03 AM