latest CCleaner

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy Kimsan,

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Dennis L

I quit using there products because they don’t care about accessibility.  Is there a accessible product that does what C cleaner does that is accessible with Jaws?

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi Mike,

When clicking on either of the easy or custom, I’m not sure if it’s even cleaning anything.

I won’t mess with NVDA, since you said it didn’t work there.

I’ll keep messing with it as time presents itself, though.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Glenn / Lenny

Hey Kimsun,
Have you tried it with the touch cursor?
I have used it, and I don't recall if I had to use the Jaws cursor or the touch cursor.

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

emile

You might want to try cleaner.exe.  It’s an old program but it is accessible.  I don’t know if it is as good as ccleaner.

Emile.

I quit using there products because they don’t care about accessibility.  Is there a accessible product that does what C cleaner does that is accessible with Jaws?

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

emile

I found out that if use the shortcut alt-c it will work just fine.  The shortcut alt-e stands for easy clean will get rid of traces of files left behind which will make your computer less conspicuous on the internet.

Emile.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Dennis L

Will it automatically cleaning browsing history?  I really wish Jaws would script for CCleaner or get a dialog going with them to make it accessible.

You might want to try cleaner.exe.  It’s an old program but it is accessible.  I don’t know if it is as good as ccleaner.

Emile.

I quit using there products because they don’t care about accessibility.  Is there a accessible product that does what C cleaner does that is accessible with Jaws?

They now have Custom and Easy Clean options and I haven't figured either one of them out!  LOL   I've tried different Jaws versions and that other 4 letter screenreader without any luck.

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Dan Kerstetter

After opening Ccleaner if you get to the custom clean button and activate it, it will look more like the older version.  The new home screen is definitely not very accessible.

HTH

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Yo Kimsan,

As Dan and Emile said, if you press, Alt + C, you can tab to both the, Windows and Applications, cleaning options.  After you tab and highlight the, Windows option, tab to, Run CCleaner and press the spacebar or the keystroke, Alt + R.  After the Windows option finishes you can Shift + Tab back to the Windows option and right arrow to the, Applications option, tab to Run CCleaner and press spacebar or Alt + R.  To activate the Registry cleaner option press, Alt + G, and press, Alt + S, to start the scan.  When the registry scan completes Shift + Tab to the list of items found, then press, Control + A, to select all if you want to delete all.  Now tab to, Fix selected issues, and press the spacebar.  A dialogue will pop-up asking if you want to backup the registry before cleaning, so press the spacebar on the, Yes, button and press, Alt + S, to save a backup of the registry.  Now tab a couple of times to, Fix all selected issues, and pres the spacebar.  When this finishes you'll hear, Checkbox not checked, now route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, up arrow 1 time and you'll hear a couple of numbers like, 40 / 40.  This means that 40 issues were found and 40 issues were fixed removed.
Note:  When CCleaner makes the registry backup copy, it is save in your Documents or My Documents folder.

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 12:29 PM

After opening Ccleaner if you get to the custom clean button and activate it, it will look more like the older version.  The new home screen is definitely not very accessible.

HTH

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Thanks everyone.

It was the easy clean that I clicked on and I got lost from there.

The custom clean, I clicked it once this morning, but didn’t think about tabbing to navigate to the applications and windows tab.

All is good now.

Thankyou.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 12:29 PM

After opening Ccleaner if you get to the custom clean button and activate it, it will look more like the older version.  The new home screen is definitely not very accessible.

HTH

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

How to geek doesn’t recommend using CCleaner latest version blog

https://www.howtogeek.com/361112/heres-what-you-should-use-instead-of-ccleaner/

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 12:29 PM

After opening Ccleaner if you get to the custom clean button and activate it, it will look more like the older version.  The new home screen is definitely not very accessible.

HTH

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?

I’m not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.

The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Having not used this program before,maybe this is anobvious question.
But, how does it know which files need to be deleted and how does it avoid delting files that are necessary to the registry?
thanks!
John
At 03:07 PM 5/17/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
After opening Ccleaner if you get to the custom clean button and activate it, it will look more like the older version. The new home screen is definitely not very accessible.

HTH

I installed the latest CCleaner, does anyone have any idea how to use it?
I'm not finding the windows or applications tab, even if I use the touch cursor.
The version ends in 7182. I downloaded the slim version, too.

Thankyou,
Sincerely,
Kimsan Song
<mailto:kimsansong@...>kimsansong@...

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi John,

It does very basic cleaning by default, but you can make settings changes to tell the program to do more.  The new programs aren't very easy to navigate and you neeed to do various cursor / keyboard gymnastics to navigate the program to change the settings.  It seems like the newer this program gets the worse it gets to navigate with Jaws or that other 4 letter screenreader.

Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:59 AM

At 03:07 PM 5/17/2019, you wrote:
>Yo Kimsan,
>
>As Dan and Emile said, if you press, Alt + C, you can tab to both
>the, Windows and Applications, cleaning options.  After you tab and
>highlight the, Windows option, tab to, Run CCleaner and press the
>spacebar or the keystroke, Alt + R.  After the Windows option
>finishes you can Shift + Tab back to the Windows option and right
>arrow to the, Applications option, tab to Run CCleaner and press
>spacebar or Alt + R.  To activate the Registry cleaner option press,
>Alt + G, and press, Alt + S, to start the scan.  When the registry
>scan completes Shift + Tab to the list of items found, then press,
>Control + A, to select all if you want to delete all.  Now tab to,
>Fix selected issues, and press the spacebar.  A dialogue will pop-up
>asking if you want to backup the registry before cleaning, so press
>the spacebar on the, Yes, button and press, Alt + S, to save a
>backup of the registry.  Now tab a couple of times to, Fix all
>selected issues, and pres the spacebar.  When this finishes you'll
>hear, Checkbox not checked, now route the Jaws cursor to the PC
>cursor, up arrow 1 time and you'll hear a couple of numbers like, 40
>/ 40.  This means that 40 issues were found and 40 issues were fixed removed.
>Note:  When CCleaner makes the registry backup copy, it is save in
>your Documents or My Documents folder.
>

>Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
>I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
>please everybody.

cédric Paulet

Good morning,

Ccleaner installs avast by default. It’s very annoying becose avast interface is very innacceble with svreen readers, like most antivirus software. However, windows defender is very accessible. Why most antivirus software becomes less and less accessible with screen readers? Now, the uninstallation of avast require sighted assistance now.

Best regards

Cedric

Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:59 AM