Using A Scanner

Using Windows 7 64 and latest Jaws.
I have Open Book installed, but it is not recognizing my Canon Scanner.
It is an N650U.
I tried to find drivers at Canon.com, but they said that there are no drivers for my OS, that they are not needed.
I looked in control panel scanners and cameras, and it shows up there.
So I'm wondering, Does the latest Jaws have the ability to utilize a scanner to do OCR?
I know I could probably use another program to take a photo and use the Jaws cursor on that, but I would prefer to avoid that extra part.
Otherwise, does anyone know how I can get the OB to find my scanner?
Thanks.
Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Tony

Under advanced there is a place to select the scanning device.

If Windows sees your scanner it should be in the list to choose from.  If more than one is listed, try each until one works.

Tony

I have Open Book installed, but it is not recognizing my Canon Scanner.

It is an N650U.

I tried to find drivers at Canon.com, but they said that there are no drivers for my OS, that they are not needed.

I looked in control panel scanners and cameras, and it shows up there.

So I'm wondering, Does the latest Jaws have the ability to utilize a scanner to do OCR?

I know I could probably use another program to take a photo and use the Jaws cursor on that, but I would prefer to avoid that extra part.

Otherwise, does anyone know how I can get the OB to find my scanner?

Thanks.

Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Glenn / Lenny

Hi, thanks.
Been there done that prior to my message, I should have mentioned all my details.

[...]

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

What version of OpenBook are you using?  This happened to me once, I was using OB 9 and my scanner was too old!  Try emailing freedom scientific and tell them the scanner and if it’s compatible!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

I have Open Book installed, but it is not recognizing my Canon Scanner.

It is an N650U.

I tried to find drivers at Canon.com, but they said that there are no drivers for my OS, that they are not needed.

I looked in control panel scanners and cameras, and it shows up there.

So I'm wondering, Does the latest Jaws have the ability to utilize a scanner to do OCR?

I know I could probably use another program to take a photo and use the Jaws cursor on that, but I would prefer to avoid that extra part.

Otherwise, does anyone know how I can get the OB to find my scanner?

Thanks.

Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Kevin,
It is 9, but I have used it with this scanner, long ago.
Anyone here have some canon scanner software?

[...]

James Bentley

Hi,

Around 4 or 5 years ago, Freedom Scientific tried to sell me some kind of a camera for scanning because my Cannon scanner wouldn’t work with my newly upgraded Windows 10.  I think the link below will allow you to find and download drivers and software for most of the older Cannon scanners.  Including for Windows 10.  Both architectures.

Note, My scanner model is:

CanoScan LiDE 220

Hope this helps,

James B

[...]

James, that sounds helpful.
I think you forgot the link though.
Thanks

[...]

I also did not notice that we are using different Cannon scanners.  After I plugged in your model number, I got the same answer that you did.

But, I found what might be some help at Microsoft Community.  Take a look.  Good luck.

James B

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/driver-for-canonscan-n650u-for-windows-7/0ca52c21-0c82-4202-b5f5-4ba5601d9797

[...]

michaeel's mail

Hi Glen i have the same sscanner i got the disck somewear but it cannot be installed it says not compaterble with windows 10.

I did find some sofwear on the net but the scanner did not show up for me cheers Michael.

Hi,

--
sent from mizilla thunderbird

[...]

Hi Michael, If you can copy the contents of the disk, I may be able to extract the needed files to be installed.