Topics

Audacity, Latest Version Now Works With JAWS

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

The latest version of Audacity, an open source multi-track audio editor, now works well with the Narrator screen reader. As with previous versions, Audacity also works well with Jaws and NVDA.
Here's a link to Audacity's web site:
https://www.audacityteam.org/
A direct link to the installer of Audacity 2.3.2 is:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html?dwl=audacity-win-2.3.2.exe

For previous versions of Audacity, I've written guides to Audacity which were written specifically for Jaws users. However my guide for Audacity 2.3.2 is written for users of all of the three screen readers, Jaws, NVDA, and Narrator, and is available here:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.3.2-Guide.html

The introduction of the guide gives details of how to subscribe to the Audacity4Blind mailing list.

David

I decided to give this a try, since I am having trouble with recording in GoldWave.
But with this program, when I try to record, it gives me an error, something about no device.
I looked in preferences and although I could tweak a few things there, nothing in the recording except one about software input, and I tried checking that, but it didn't help.
I'm trying to record audio from a web page.