Topics

Jaws Distorted Speech Issue Solved

Tom Behler

Glenn:

This is a good question.

I had absolutely no sound after the old sound card driver had been uninstalled, so I’m doubtful that the touch cursor would have helped.

But then again, I’m new to the touch cursor concept, at least on this Windows 10 computer.

Will be interested in what other list members have to say.

Tom Behler

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Distorted Speech Issue Solved

Tom,

If you had trouble with Jaws and the install screen, you should start it again and see if the touch cursor will get you through the install.

You can cancel the install just before it starts.

But I think that this would be good for the list to know if the touch screen could be applied here.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:35 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws Distorted Speech Issue Solved

Hello, everyone.

I’m happy to report that the Jaws distorted speech problem with my Windows 10 Dell computer has been solve, Thanks to Mike Mote, who sent me the Realtech executable file I needed.

I did require sighted assistance to install the new driver, after the original one was installed, but after that, things proceeded flawllessly.

I just wanted everyone to know.  Please also know that I appreciate this list, and the assistance it provides for situations like this.

Sincerely,

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Glenn / Lenny

Tom,
If you had trouble with Jaws and the install screen, you should start it again and see if the touch cursor will get you through the install.
You can cancel the install just before it starts.
But I think that this would be good for the list to know if the touch screen could be applied here.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:35 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws Distorted Speech Issue Solved

Hello, everyone.

I’m happy to report that the Jaws distorted speech problem with my Windows 10 Dell computer has been solve, Thanks to Mike Mote, who sent me the Realtech executable file I needed.

I did require sighted assistance to install the new driver, after the original one was installed, but after that, things proceeded flawllessly.

I just wanted everyone to know.  Please also know that I appreciate this list, and the assistance it provides for situations like this.

Sincerely,

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Sincerely,