Asking a edge question.

Ron Kolesar

Hello to my fellow jaws 2019 users.
I was having a serious problem with logging into my paypal account.
Don't know why IE11 wouldn't allow me to use my e-mail and password to log in, and before I closed out the old account it also wouldn't allow me to go to the send item and click on the combo box for person's name, e-mail address and or phone number.
I was able to go into the combo box and jaws confirmed only while typing in the address.
But when I would go to tap my left and or right arrow keys to confirm that I had the e-mail correct, I would hear nothing.
Plus since I couldn't fill out the field, the next button wouldn't allow me to click on it, I could see the next button but since the field wasn't filled in, I couldn't click on the next button.
I tried using both ie 11 and Google to access my paypal account.
Now for some surprising good news.
So, I tried Edge for the heck of it.
It went through like a knife through butter.
The only issue I had and had to have a pp operator help me out with it to confirm my bank since it wasn't in the list and Edge wouldn't allow me to add my bank to the list.
After the PP operator confirmed my bank for me, I was able to ship my fair share to my cousin for a up coming event.
So I still don't have edge as my default browser just yet.
But I need to see how blind friendly it might be with my Role Playing game a little later this afternoon.
So the jury is still out on Edge.
Would anyone have a e-mail for feedback to submit this letter to the MS disability hot line?
Just something for jaws to also know about my frustration and finally my success to make both jaws and edge more blind friendly.
Hope this feedback will help out others and I'll keep everyone in the loop on my progress of using edge with jaws.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Steve

I don't know why you've had that issue, but it definitely is not universal.

I just got done, two days ago, logging into my Paypal account; then sent a payment to a friend; and logged back out using IE11 on my Windows 10 computer with Jaws.
For most things, I use Jaws 16.0.4468 because that is the last version to work with Outlook Express.

I occasionally use the newest version of Jaws, but generally don't need to.

I would use it more, but for some reason, when I do, it breaks Jaws16 ability to work with Outlook Express without doing a repair of the older Jaws installation.

I'm speculating here, but that might be due to the fact that when I updated this PC to Windows 10, I installed 19 first before installing 16.

Steve
Lansing, MI

[...]
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Holly

Hi Ron:

Just to let you know, there is a work around for getting to the edit box to type in the recipient field on the 'send' page in PayPal, using internet explorer.

When you come to the combo box of people you have sent money to before, just arrow down to the 'next' button. It will say 'not available', or something like that. Then, just shift tab and you will land right in an edit box to type in a new recipient's name or email or phone.

Larry Volk

I'm using JAWS 2019 on win 10 and finding that IE 11 is still the best
browser for me. I've had no luck with Edge.

[...]
Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Dennis Brown

I like IE for Feed reading--the most speech friendly.

[...]

From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Russ

Speaking of edge, has any one used Microsoft Edge preview? If I install it, does it install over the top of edge that comes with windows 10? I hear it's very accessible with jaws 2019.

[...]

From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Russ,

Are you talking about the Microsoft Edge Dev version?  This is the new Chromium version.  I have this installed and it installs as a different version of Edge.

Speaking of edge, has any one used Microsoft Edge preview?  If I install it,
does it install over the top of edge that comes with windows 10?  I hear
it's very accessible with jaws 2019.

I'm using JAWS 2019 on win 10 and finding that IE 11 is still the best
browser for me. I've had no luck with Edge.

> I was having a serious problem with logging into my paypal account.
> Don't know why IE11 wouldn't allow me to use my e-mail and password to log

> in, and before I closed out the old account it also wouldn't allow me to
> go to the send item and click on the combo box for person's name, e-mail
> address and or phone number.
> I was able to go into the combo box and jaws confirmed only while typing
> in the address.
> But when I would go to tap my left and or right arrow keys to confirm that

> I had the e-mail correct, I would hear nothing.
> Plus since I couldn't fill out the field, the next button wouldn't allow
> me to click on it, I could see the next button but since the field wasn't
> filled in, I couldn't click on the next button.
> I tried using both ie 11 and Google to access my paypal account.
> Now for some surprising good news.
> So, I tried Edge for the heck of it.
> It went through like a knife through butter.
> The only issue I had and had to have a pp operator help me out with it to
> confirm my bank since it wasn't in the list and Edge wouldn't allow me to
> add my bank to the list.
> After the PP operator confirmed my bank for me, I was able to ship my fair

> share to my cousin for a up coming event.
> So I still don't have edge as my default browser just yet.
> But I need to see how blind friendly it might be with my Role Playing game

> a little later this afternoon.
> So the jury is still out on Edge.
> Would anyone have a e-mail for feedback to submit this letter to the MS
> disability hot line?
> Just something for jaws to also know about my frustration and finally my
> success to make both jaws and edge more blind friendly.
> Hope this feedback will help out others and I'll keep everyone in the loop

> on my progress of using edge with jaws.
> Very Thankfully Yours,
> Ron Kolesar U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or

> Best Whishes,
> From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

How are you liking it, and could you post a link to the download?
Thanks

Are you talking about the Microsoft Edge Dev version?  This is the new Chromium version.  I have this installed and it installs as a different version of Edge.

Speaking of edge, has any one used Microsoft Edge preview?  If I install it,
does it install over the top of edge that comes with windows 10?  I hear
it's very accessible with jaws 2019.

I'm using JAWS 2019 on win 10 and finding that IE 11 is still the best
browser for me. I've had no luck with Edge.

> I was having a serious problem with logging into my paypal account.
> Don't know why IE11 wouldn't allow me to use my e-mail and password to log

> in, and before I closed out the old account it also wouldn't allow me to
> go to the send item and click on the combo box for person's name, e-mail
> address and or phone number.
> I was able to go into the combo box and jaws confirmed only while typing
> in the address.
> But when I would go to tap my left and or right arrow keys to confirm that

> I had the e-mail correct, I would hear nothing.
> Plus since I couldn't fill out the field, the next button wouldn't allow
> me to click on it, I could see the next button but since the field wasn't
> filled in, I couldn't click on the next button.
> I tried using both ie 11 and Google to access my paypal account.
> Now for some surprising good news.
> So, I tried Edge for the heck of it.
> It went through like a knife through butter.
> The only issue I had and had to have a pp operator help me out with it to
> confirm my bank since it wasn't in the list and Edge wouldn't allow me to
> add my bank to the list.
> After the PP operator confirmed my bank for me, I was able to ship my fair

> share to my cousin for a up coming event.
> So I still don't have edge as my default browser just yet.
> But I need to see how blind friendly it might be with my Role Playing game

> a little later this afternoon.
> So the jury is still out on Edge.
> Would anyone have a e-mail for feedback to submit this letter to the MS
> disability hot line?
> Just something for jaws to also know about my frustration and finally my
> success to make both jaws and edge more blind friendly.
> Hope this feedback will help out others and I'll keep everyone in the loop

> on my progress of using edge with jaws.
> Very Thankfully Yours,
> Ron Kolesar U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or

> Best Whishes,
> From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marie,

You can get it from the link below or from the Microsoft store.  I like it just fine.  It works the same as Google Chrome but the menues have a slightly different look than Googles.

How are you liking it, and could you post a link to the download?
Thanks

Are you talking about the Microsoft Edge Dev version?  This is the new Chromium version.  I have this installed and it installs as a different version of Edge.

Speaking of edge, has any one used Microsoft Edge preview?  If I install it,
does it install over the top of edge that comes with windows 10?  I hear
it's very accessible with jaws 2019.

I'm using JAWS 2019 on win 10 and finding that IE 11 is still the best
browser for me. I've had no luck with Edge.

> I was having a serious problem with logging into my paypal account.
> Don't know why IE11 wouldn't allow me to use my e-mail and password to log

> in, and before I closed out the old account it also wouldn't allow me to
> go to the send item and click on the combo box for person's name, e-mail
> address and or phone number.
> I was able to go into the combo box and jaws confirmed only while typing
> in the address.
> But when I would go to tap my left and or right arrow keys to confirm that

> I had the e-mail correct, I would hear nothing.
> Plus since I couldn't fill out the field, the next button wouldn't allow
> me to click on it, I could see the next button but since the field wasn't
> filled in, I couldn't click on the next button.
> I tried using both ie 11 and Google to access my paypal account.
> Now for some surprising good news.
> So, I tried Edge for the heck of it.
> It went through like a knife through butter.
> The only issue I had and had to have a pp operator help me out with it to
> confirm my bank since it wasn't in the list and Edge wouldn't allow me to
> add my bank to the list.
> After the PP operator confirmed my bank for me, I was able to ship my fair

> share to my cousin for a up coming event.
> So I still don't have edge as my default browser just yet.
> But I need to see how blind friendly it might be with my Role Playing game

> a little later this afternoon.
> So the jury is still out on Edge.
> Would anyone have a e-mail for feedback to submit this letter to the MS
> disability hot line?
> Just something for jaws to also know about my frustration and finally my
> success to make both jaws and edge more blind friendly.
> Hope this feedback will help out others and I'll keep everyone in the loop

> on my progress of using edge with jaws.
> Very Thankfully Yours,
> Ron Kolesar U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or

> Best Whishes,
> From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Ron Kolesar

Many thanks for this tip Holly.
Who said you can't teach a old dog a new trick. SMILES.
I deeply appreciate the tip and will stress test it out.
Many thanks once again.
Ron who can earn a license to be in charge of eight people on Amateur radio but for some strange reason, I can't earn a license to drive.
Oh well. Smiles.
Ron

Just to let you know, there is a work around for getting to the edit box to
type in the recipient field on the 'send' page in PayPal, using internet
explorer.

When you come to the combo box of people you have sent money to before, just
arrow down to the 'next' button. It will say 'not available', or something
like that. Then, just shift tab and you will land right in an edit box to
type in a new recipient's name or email or phone.

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Thanks, I will give it a try.

You can get it from the link below or from the Microsoft store.  I like it just fine.  It works the same as Google Chrome but the menues have a slightly different look than Googles.

How are you liking it, and could you post a link to the download?
Thanks

Are you talking about the Microsoft Edge Dev version?  This is the new Chromium version.  I have this installed and it installs as a different version of Edge.

Speaking of edge, has any one used Microsoft Edge preview?  If I install it,
does it install over the top of edge that comes with windows 10?  I hear
it's very accessible with jaws 2019.

I'm using JAWS 2019 on win 10 and finding that IE 11 is still the best
browser for me. I've had no luck with Edge.

> I was having a serious problem with logging into my paypal account.
> Don't know why IE11 wouldn't allow me to use my e-mail and password to log

> in, and before I closed out the old account it also wouldn't allow me to
> go to the send item and click on the combo box for person's name, e-mail
> address and or phone number.
> I was able to go into the combo box and jaws confirmed only while typing
> in the address.
> But when I would go to tap my left and or right arrow keys to confirm that

> I had the e-mail correct, I would hear nothing.
> Plus since I couldn't fill out the field, the next button wouldn't allow
> me to click on it, I could see the next button but since the field wasn't
> filled in, I couldn't click on the next button.
> I tried using both ie 11 and Google to access my paypal account.
> Now for some surprising good news.
> So, I tried Edge for the heck of it.
> It went through like a knife through butter.
> The only issue I had and had to have a pp operator help me out with it to
> confirm my bank since it wasn't in the list and Edge wouldn't allow me to
> add my bank to the list.
> After the PP operator confirmed my bank for me, I was able to ship my fair

> share to my cousin for a up coming event.
> So I still don't have edge as my default browser just yet.
> But I need to see how blind friendly it might be with my Role Playing game

> a little later this afternoon.
> So the jury is still out on Edge.
> Would anyone have a e-mail for feedback to submit this letter to the MS
> disability hot line?
> Just something for jaws to also know about my frustration and finally my
> success to make both jaws and edge more blind friendly.
> Hope this feedback will help out others and I'll keep everyone in the loop

> on my progress of using edge with jaws.
> Very Thankfully Yours,
> Ron Kolesar U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or

> Best Whishes,
> From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
> Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Russ

Yes, I’m talking about the Microsoft Edge Dev version.
I’ll go ahead and install it.