Topics

New Notification Message

JERRY MARTIN

Morning all.

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I have a question regarding a message I received.

After opening a program that I use on a regular basis, Jaws said “New Notification”. However, Jaws does not read any of the text within this message, either with or without the JAWS Cursor. I tried closing the message via Alt F4, but it is still there. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what this is, and what can be done about it. Thanks.

Jerry
“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”

Dave...

How about some information...what program were you opening?

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 06:38
Subject: [jaws-users] New Notification Message

Morning all.

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I have a question regarding a message I received.

After opening a program that I use on a regular basis, Jaws said “New Notification”. However, Jaws does not read any of the text within this message, either with or without the JAWS Cursor. I tried closing the message via Alt F4, but it is still there. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what this is, and what can be done about it. Thanks.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

Dave:

The program in question is called DBT. It is a braille translater that works very well with JAWS. Also, can you tell me how to get to the notification center for Windows 10? Thanks much.

Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:27 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] New Notification Message

Dave

To: jaws-users-list

Morning all.

Jerry

Dave...

Jerry,

Don't know about Windows 10 -- don't have it. However I suspect if you type "notification Center" in the search edit field, you'd likely find it.

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 07:30

Dave:

The program in question is called DBT. It is a braille translater that works very well with JAWS. Also, can you tell me how to get to the notification center for Windows 10? Thanks much.

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

Thanks. I did not find what I was looking for, but thanks for trying. Take care.

Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:35 AM

Jerry,

Don't know about Windows 10 -- don't have it. However I suspect if you type "notification Center" in the search edit field, you'd likely find it.

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

Larry Volk

If you press the windows key then type notification, this will take you to the notification action where you can turn on/off notifications.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: May 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Thanks. I did not find what I was looking for, but thanks for trying. Take care.

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

JERRY MARTIN

Larry and Dave:

Thanks for the assist. I went ahead and closed all open programs and re-booted my laptop, and problem solved. Thanks again.

Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:17 AM

If you press the windows key then type notification, this will take you to the notification action where you can turn on/off notifications.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: May 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

Van Lant, Robin

Windows key + A is also supposed to open the notifications. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Glenn / Lenny

That is apparently only for Windows 10, because I just tried it in 7 and it did not work.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 11:22 AM

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jerry,

Try, Alt + N, to open the notification then either arrowing or tabbing to find your options.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 7:43 AM

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry

Justin Williams

Thanks for the windows a keystroke.

Did not know that.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:23 PM

Jerry,

Dave

Dave:

Dave

Morning all.

Jerry