Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 06:38
Subject: [jaws-users] New Notification Message

Morning all.

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I have a question regarding a message I received.

After opening a program that I use on a regular basis, Jaws said “New Notification”. However, Jaws does not read any of the text within this message, either with or without the JAWS Cursor. I tried closing the message via Alt F4, but it is still there. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what this is, and what can be done about it. Thanks.

Jerry
“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”

JERRY MARTIN

Dave:

The program in question is called DBT. It is a braille translater that works very well with JAWS. Also, can you tell me how to get to the notification center for Windows 10? Thanks much.

How about some information...what program were you opening?

Dave

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I have a question regarding a message I received.

After opening a program that I use on a regular basis, Jaws said “New Notification”. However, Jaws does not read any of the text within this message, either with or without the JAWS Cursor. I tried closing the message via Alt F4, but it is still there. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what this is, and what can be done about it. Thanks.

Jerry
“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”

Dave...

Jerry,

Don't know about Windows 10 -- don't have it. However I suspect if you type "notification Center" in the search edit field, you'd likely find it.

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 07:30

[...]

Thanks. I did not find what I was looking for, but thanks for trying. Take care.

[...]

Larry Volk

If you press the windows key then type notification, this will take you to the notification action where you can turn on/off notifications.

[...]

Larry and Dave:

Thanks for the assist. I went ahead and closed all open programs and re-booted my laptop, and problem solved. Thanks again.

[...]

Van Lant, Robin

Windows key + A is also supposed to open the notifications.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 07:30

Dave:

The program in question is called DBT. It is a braille translater that works very well with JAWS. Also, can you tell me how to get to the notification center for Windows 10? Thanks much.

How about some information...what program were you opening?

Dave

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, I have a question regarding a message I received.

After opening a program that I use on a regular basis, Jaws said “New Notification”. However, Jaws does not read any of the text within this message, either with or without the JAWS Cursor. I tried closing the message via Alt F4, but it is still there. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what this is, and what can be done about it. Thanks.

Jerry

“If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?”

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

That is apparently only for Windows 10, because I just tried it in 7 and it did not work.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 11:22 AM

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 07:30

[...]

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jerry,

Try, Alt + N, to open the notification then either arrowing or tabbing to find your options.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 7:43 AM

[...]

Justin Williams

Thanks for the windows a keystroke.

Did not know that.